Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Tue, March 17th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Double Whopper

Jon Roseman is on a distinguished road
Default A change in my order

I sent Corey an e-mail asking her if an 87 octane performance tune would be a big difference from a 93 octane performance tune with my mods which consist of: Air Force 1 CAI, Aero Turbine 3030 SI/DO exhaust, 3" leveling kit. I also wanted my tune to replace slot one (the tranny only setting).

So my question is really how different will the 93 custom tune be from the 87 custom tune?

thanks,
Jon
Old Tue, March 17th, 2009, 02:47 PM
PHP RULES!!!

dsilva584 is on a distinguished road

I had this same question when I placed my order i have the 4.6 with 3in leveling kit si/so borla exhaust and gotts mod intake...I asked Corey to ask the mad doc if the extra MPG or HP i would get between the custom 93 and custom 87 is worth the 30 cents more per gal of gas and she said he said NO ...I had already put on my order form i wanted a 93 custom tune and also a 87 custom tune. She could have just taken my money and been done with it but she let me know the 87 custom tune was great for MY MODS and i had no need for the 93 custom really(talk about customer service). However like I said this was for MY application only and for what i use the truck for.
Old Wed, March 18th, 2009, 03:42 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

There's about a 10-12 HP difference between the two programs at mid to upper RPMs. For daily driving there's little, if any difference. It all depends on what you are looking to accomplish with the vehicle. If maximum high RPM performance is your goal, then a custom 91 or 93 octane performance program would be the ticket. If you are looking to make your drive to work a little more fun or just want to pick up a little fuel economy, then I don't think it's worth the expense for either the calibration or the fuel.

Hope this helps.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Thu, March 19th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Double Whopper

Bill and Corey,

Thanks for the input. I'm again assuming you haven't gotten to my order yet and if possible I'd like to change the 93 octane custom tune to an 87 octane tune.

thanks,
Jon
Old Thu, March 19th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Double Whopper

I'd also like to have it replace the tranny only setting on the gryphon as well if you don't mind.

thanks again,

Jon
Old Thu, March 19th, 2009, 09:19 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Roseman View Post
I'd also like to have it replace the tranny only setting on the gryphon as well if you don't mind.

thanks again,

Jon
Jon, I'd put the last two posts in an email or a PM to Corey if you want to make sure she gets them. Make sure it includes your name and address so they can find your order.

There's a lot of stuff flying around on the forum, your requests could easily get lost in the flurry.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Thu, March 19th, 2009, 09:29 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Okay....

So there's no confusion, please list in order what you'd like.

1)

2)

3)

Just quote this and fill in the blanks or as Jack said, drop Corey or me a PM. :2 thumbs:

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!