Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Sun, August 2nd, 2009, 12:18 PM
Double Whopper

not you is on a distinguished road
Default adjusting timing

ok I was told that i can adjust the timing a little bit on 87 and 93 tunes . My question is when i go in to timing section it reads 000 now when i adjust it Im thinking i have to hit done and thats when it programs the pcm . Now after its done i go back to timing it reads 000 again is the timing set to what i set it at (1.0 ) or is it not working or is it working and there is no record of the new setting (1.0) on the programmer or do i just keep track of it (writing it down) or am I just doing it wrong. Also how do i set it back to the setting that came with the 93 tune . ok I think thats a start point thanks for the help Shawn
Old Sun, August 2nd, 2009, 02:20 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Skipping custom options will always revert back to the original tuned programs.

Now, when you go back into the custom options to make further changes, you need to scroll up click and do "Load Previous Settings" to reload the last changes you made in the custom options. Otherwise it starts with a clean slate on the options and you'll have to re-enter everything.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Sun, August 2nd, 2009, 03:13 PM
Double Whopper

Ok i go into customs options and go to timing and set the timing to 1.0 hit enter and go to prevous setting and the timing is set to what i set it to ? then i go to done and thats being downloaded to the pcm or when i set the timing and put 1,0 in its already set ? now how do i know where the timing is at its still not coming up to where i set it at im lost .
Old Sun, August 2nd, 2009, 03:16 PM
Double Whopper

I figured it out and got it to save seen a little difference on 1.0 should i bump it up more or keep it at 1.0 you suggested go up to 2.0 but i think i might be pushing it whats your opinion on that thanks Shawn

Last edited by not you; Sun, August 2nd, 2009 at 05:14 PM.
Old Sun, August 2nd, 2009, 07:32 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

It's not the best recommendation, but you could push until you either hear a little pinging on hard acceleration or you don't feel any more power difference. On the dyno, the lack of power gain would be more readily apparent. As for the pinging, the knock sensor should pull timing out at the first sign of it but you should still hear a couple ticks before the PCM reacts. If you've hit this point, back off at least 1 degree, if not 2, and call it good. Remember, if you get poor quality fuel you may get pinging on a tune that would otherwise run fine.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Mon, August 3rd, 2009, 07:08 PM
Double Whopper

THanks for the info but i am not going anymore if its not recommended its not for me . I will just keep it at 1.0 and see how it does i see a big improvement already driving back and fourth from work. thanks for the tech support i know your busy and Im thankful for the help Shawn
Old Mon, August 3rd, 2009, 07:48 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

And Shawn -

If you EVER need to "reload" your tune (maybe after restoring it from Level 0) if you had to take your truck to a dealer, remember:

To get the "customization" you created for your tune you will HAVE to "open" the "Custom Options Menu"! If you don't do this, the tune will be loaded with all the parameters that Bill set in your tune (which are probably perfect) or that came with the "canned" tune.

But, as soon as you do this, virtually every "customized" setting returns to "stock" or to some "placeholder value"! And, now you're worse off than you would have been if you 'd just skipped "Custom Options" altogether!

To recover all those values you've grown to know and love, the very first thing you MUST do upon opening the Custom Options Menu is to scroll to "Reload Previous Settings" and hit <Enter> there! At this point, you're back to the settings you had in the PCM the last time you entered a tune.

If you're happy there, just scroll to "Done" and hit <Enter>.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Tue, August 4th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Double Whopper

Ok im taking everybodies advice and putting it to what Bill set it at that way i dont screw it up .I going to put shell 87 octane in it on friday (going to Jersey from N Carolina for the week )to see how it does and will not touch anything on it but thanks for the info Shawn