Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Sat, August 8th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Whopper

1999RedXLT is on a distinguished road
Default 1999 F-150 Gryphon DCT

Hello everyone. I got my Gryphon about a week after ordering it. Fast service! Would have come sooner but I called up and asked Cory to stall it a few days since I was going to be out of town.

So anyway, I got it installed and am running Level 2. I did not enter any custom parameters. I skipped the screen and went straight into programming Level 2. As I'm driving down the road today, the Service Engine Soon light came on. I used the code reader and it came back P1131, unknown. I cleared it and it hasn't come back on, but I haven't had any DCT's sice I bought the truck about 6 weeks ago. Anybody know what that code is?

Thanks,

Al
Old Sat, August 8th, 2009, 05:57 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Al, I can't find anything on that code. I hate to say "You're good as long as it doesn't come back", but that's all I have right now.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Sat, August 8th, 2009, 06:32 PM
working for parts.....

Northern Supercrew is on a distinguished road

1131= Lack of Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Switch.Sensor Indicates Lean ( Bank #1)...what this means idk...this is from my Chilton manual. Good luck, maybe someone can decipher it.
Old Sun, August 9th, 2009, 02:18 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

As Supercrew indicated, P1131 deals with lack of switching on one of the upstream O2 sensors. This could be a bad O2 sensor, but if there was no prior issue then I'd say it's unlikely.

A more likely cause is actually related to the programmer, but not actually a problem with the programmer itself. When reprogramming the PCM, all the stored data is cleared out including the fuel trims. Until the PCM has a chance to relearn, there is a reasonable chance that you'll set a DTC for either Rich or Lean codes.

Being that it appears that you have a lean condition, my recommendation is to actually get your injection system serviced, or at least purchase a can or two of fuel injection cleaner and start adding it to your tank. More often than not, the injection system starts building up deposits and over time the PCM learns to deal with it. When the PCM get reset, all of a sudden the base fuel values are out of range and the PCM can't learn fast enough in a drive cycle to prevent the DTC from being set. Cleaning the fuel injection system will help eliminate those deposits and allow the injector flow to more accurately match the base calibration in the PCM.

Unless you reprogram your PCM again, you shouldn't have any further problem. If you do change levels, you can probably expect the code to appear again 1 or 2 times and then go away.

Hope this helps.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Sun, August 9th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Whopper

1999RedXLT is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks Bill!

I'll get some Techron and run it in the next tank.