Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Sat, August 15th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough
Default best WOT value

I finally decided to use the canned 93 performance tune with 87 octane. Yes I did turn down the timing to keep from blowing stuff up.
Another thing I did was lower all of the shift points and dang it improved mileage. It added 2-3 avg. MPG over what it was saying before I changed the setting. Didn't play with the TC lock/unlock points because Im still looking into it.

Now Im back to working on the higher RPM end and heres my question. What has been the best value for WOT? I think when I had it set to 1.60 it was too rich because it looked like there was a little bit of soot at the end of the ex. pipe (but it could have already been there) and the bottom is obviously going to be 1.10. Any one else been playing around with this because Im curious to see what other people are setting it at.
Old Sat, August 15th, 2009, 09:24 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

I've played with values in the 1.35 to 1.45 range at sea level and 1.20 to 1.25 at altitude with good results. The best thing to do is try some values and see how they affect your 0-60 times.

Have fun.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Sat, August 15th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Forum Predator

thats funny, I had set it to 1.35. So raise in altitude you run leaner makes sense. What would you do for high temps. Last time I did any runs the IAT was at 106 (outside was around high 90's) and my 1/4 speeds were pretty pathetic.
Old Sat, August 15th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Double Whopper

Circuit is on a distinguished road

I just put 94 in mine this afternoon and switched to the 93 performance canned tune. Here is a list of what I ended up with changing:

WOT Fuel: was already at 1.5
Timing: was already at 0.5 (should I bump it to 1.0?)
Speed Limiter: 110 mph
Shift Firmness: +10, +10, +4 (I like the firmer shifts.)

I noticed that my speed is off on my speedo vs the gryphon. I am going to use the calculator to find out what my tire size should really be set at just to make sure since my truck has the wider tire option of 255/65R17. Not sure if they are a different height than the normal stock tires which would give me an error in speed, mpg, etc.

Also, now I feel the difference in a tow tune verses a performance tune. The performance tune feels much more drivable to me and with the added weight of a full tank of fuel plus she doesn't spin the tires. I did one 0-60 and got 9.52. It decreased since my truck weights much more this time around. When I did it I had a full tank of fuel (love that big tank) and a load of groceries and goodies from a day of shopping in town.

Gryphon average mpg stayed around 18 but I used the pass button quite a few times to try out the response. I found it much smoother than the 87 tow tune.

The above is based on my drive home from town which is 30 mins, half on a hiway doing 70 mph and the other half on a county road doing 60 mph.

Current: In bed lighting, K&N Drop-in, Gott's intake mod, Gryphon custom tuned
Future: Exhaust (next), UDP, eFans
Old Sat, August 15th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Forum Predator

9.5 is my average with a about 13 gal. in the tank, I got 8.98 one time but that was down a slight hill and I've also gotten a finished speed of 91 on a 1/4(forgot the time) but that was down a big hill. Kinda hoping my truck will get woke up more with the custom tune. I do like the settings its at where it has all the properties of the 93 except the timing down for 87 and all the shift points lowered, get great mileage then I can hammer down, but still not very quick.