Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Tue, March 16th, 2010, 11:06 PM
Whopper Junior

SR20steve is on a distinguished road
Default About to pull the trigger.

I recently bought a 06 6.0L PSD and I have since bought a S&B intake and a 4" turbo back. Next I want to buy a tuner, and I love the Edge evolution mostly because of its actual utility factor being its basically important gauges and HUD along with being a tuner. But I hear bad reviews about the canned tunes that come with the EVO.

So leads me to my question. The main reason I want the gryphon is to have some control over the actual tune. I know my truck is basically stock, but I want a tune that will not try and make huge power or torque in sacrifice of reliability. So Is there a gryphon custom tune thats a moderate power level that will take into mind the transmission (no hard shifts) and is geared towards a truck with just basic bolt ons?

I was thinking about the "65 Hp standard tow" but Im not sure what towing has to do with any power level (EGT's possibly?).

Thanks allot, Steve
Old Wed, March 17th, 2010, 12:13 AM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

A "tow" program normally has a different shift strategy, like higher shift points, higher downshift points, quicker shifting, and for the 6.0's possibly an engine brake feature.

I don't think Bill sets his tunes up with the engine brake because of the high exhaust back pressure created by it, but I have not actually seen any of his 6.0 stuff so I don't know fore sure.

Either way I am SURE you will be satisfied with it!
Old Wed, March 17th, 2010, 12:21 AM
Whopper Junior

SR20steve is on a distinguished road

Well I sent in the order form for my Gryphon. I saw a couple tunes for daily drivers (65hp, and a 80hp). This sounds like what I need. I put in a order for a 65hp DD, a 120 hp race tune, and a stock calibration. I'll bet its gonna be awesome!