Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Thu, May 27th, 2010, 12:09 AM
Whopper

grassman2852 is on a distinguished road
Default 87 Tow

Just a few ? While using the 87 tow should I turn the OD off or should I activate it. Also if I am using 93 octane and towing a trailer should I change any of the setting while using level 2 87 tow or just leave them alone. Also should I tow in 93 performance level 3. '07 crew cab 4.6LV8 no custom tunes. Trailer is a closed 12x6 with about 1500 to 2000lbs total. Thanks
Old Thu, May 27th, 2010, 07:44 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

If you are under #2500 lbs you should be ok.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, May 27th, 2010, 07:56 AM
Whopper

Should be ok with what. I asked a couple of ? Thanks for the help.
Old Thu, May 27th, 2010, 10:51 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

This is my experience towing a 3600# trailer. I leave the OD on unless I see the Torque Converter unlocking and locking back up a lot or the transmission having trouble staying in 4th gear. If that happens, I lock the OD out. I lock it into 2nd gear when climbing or descending a long, steep mountain grade. Basically, I just let the transmission tell me what to do. I try to minimize activity in the transmission and use of the brakes.

I doubt you'll hardly notice a 2000# load. You could tow it on the Tow tune or leave the tune at Level 3 performance - Your choice. Bill has said that anything under about 2500# is safe to tow on any tune. I think if I were towing in the mountains though, I'd favor the tow tune, since it keeps things cooler.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Thu, May 27th, 2010, 01:06 PM
Whopper

Thank you very much. Got it.