Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Wed, February 11th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Cali Gestapo!

Caforddude is on a distinguished road
2007 F150 5.4L with Gryphon

I currently have a Gryphon and am running the 87 performance tune.

Ok so earlier this week I started hearing wat sounded like a little rattling noise at certain RPM's. I assumed a loose exhaust clamp or something simple I could do when I had the weekend off. Truck has also been hard to start. I assumed maybe needed a new battery even though mine is only 2 years old

Today I was running low on gas and pumped in some 91 octane, only about 5 gallons. Drove home and idle at lights seemed a little rough. Picked up my daughter and headed home. Get home and stop just outside the garage to let my daughter out. Start to pull into the garage and engine starts running REALLY rough. Bouncing between 3-500 RPM's, low based on what I have seen.

Pull the code and I get:
P0012 Intake Camshaft
Position timing
over retarded (bank 1)

Code looked exactly as posted above.

Tune issue? octane issue? Other issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am heading to the snow this weekend and do not want to get stuck up there...

Thanks.

Old Wed, February 11th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Hey Aaron,

How long have you been running the 87 performance tune?

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Wed, February 11th, 2009, 09:09 PM
Cali Gestapo!

I have been running it since I got my custom tunes.

I looked back at my emails and it looks like you notified me on 01-04 about them being ready, so shortly after that.

Old Wed, February 11th, 2009, 09:09 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

04FX4 is on a distinguished road

Try and return to stock?
Old Wed, February 11th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Cali Gestapo!

Have not tried to return to stock yet...Wanted to wait for some input first.

Old Wed, February 11th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Your Mom's favorite :D

Grabber523 is on a distinguished road

How many miles on your truck? What weight oil you running? How often do you change it? Sounds like a cam phaser failing, take it to the Stealership. Common issue on the modular engines because they are oil pressure actuated and any crud in the journals will cause them to stick in the default position due to lack of flow and pressure.

EDIT: IF it were a tune issue it would have happened immediately after you uploaded the calibration.
Old Wed, February 11th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Cali Gestapo!

32xxx miles on the truck. Mods in the sig. whatever the reccomended oil is the oil change place put in. Changed every 4000 miles or so

Old Wed, February 11th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Your Mom's favorite :D

Grabber523 is on a distinguished road

Sounds like you're doing everything right, and still under warranty. I'd take it in to Ford and have them look at it.
Old Wed, February 11th, 2009, 09:40 PM
working for parts.....

Northern Supercrew is on a distinguished road

That looks exactly like the code that came up on mine about a week ago...i'm running the 87 perf too. i returned to stock and then checked for codes again, and none came up...i then reloaded the 87 perf tune and no codes again...still running it with no probs.
Old Wed, February 11th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Cali Gestapo!

hmmm..That gives me hope of a computer glitch? simple fix... Did you run for any length of time on the stock program before going back to the 87 performance or just load them back to back?