Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Wed, February 18th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Your Mom's favorite :D

Grabber523 is on a distinguished road

here is what I could find on the driving cycle procedure, here is the link Ford Motor Company Driving Cycle (from Moddedmustangs.com)

Drive Cycle Procedure
Purpose of
Drive Cycle Procedure
Drive Cycle
Preparation

1. Install scan tool. Turn key on with the engine off. Cycle key off, then on. Select appropriate Vehicle & Engine qualifier. Clear all DTC's/ Perform a PCM Reset.

2. Begin to monitor the following PIDs: ECT, EVAPDC, FLI (if available) and TP MODE.
Start vehicle WITHOUT returning to Key Off.

3. Idle vehicle for 15 seconds. Drive at 64 Km/h (40 MPH) until ECT is at least 76.7°C (170° F).

4. Is IAT within 4.4 to 37.8°C (40 to 100° F)? If Not, complete the following steps but, note that step 14 will be required to "bypass " the Evap monitor and clear the P1000. Engine warm-up and provide IAT input to the PCM.
HEGO

5. Cruise at 64 Km/h (40 MPH) for up to 4 minutes. Executes the HEGO monitor.

6. Cruise at 72 to 104 Km/h (45 to 65 MPH) for 10 minutes (avoid sharp turns and hills) Note, to initiate the monitor: TP MODE should =PT, EVAPDC must be >75%, and FLI must be between 15 and 85% Executes the EVAP Monitor (If IAT is within 4.4 to 37.8° (40 to 100°F))

7. Drive in stop and go traffic conditions. Include five different constant cruise speeds, ranging from 40 to 72 Km/h (25 to 45 MPH) over a 10 minute period. Executes the Catalyst Monitor.

8. From a stop, accelerate to 72 Km/h (45 MPH) at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle. Repeat 3 times. Executes the EGR Monitor.

9. Bring the vehicle to a stop. Idle with transmission in drive (neutral for M/T) for 2 minutes. Executes the ISC portion of the CCM.

10. For M/T, accelerate from 0 to 80 Km/h (o to 50 MPH), continue to step 11. For A/T, from a stop and in overdrive, moderately accelerate to 80 Km/h (50 MPH) and cruise for at least 15 seconds. Stop vehicle and repeat without overdrive to 64 Km/h (40 MPH) cruising for at least 30 seconds. While at 64 Km/h (40 MPH) , activate overdrive and accelerate to 80 Km/h (50 MPH) and cruise for at least 15 seconds. Stop for at least 20 seconds and repeat step 10 five times. Executes the transmission portion of the CCM.
Misfire & Fuel Monitors

11. From a stop, accelerate to 104 Km/h (65 MPH). Decelerate at closed throttle until 64 Km/h (40 MPH) (no brakes). Repeat this 3 times. Allows learning for the misfire monitor.

12. Access the ON-Board System Readiness (OBDII monitor status) function on the scan tool. Determine whether all non-continuous monitors have completed. If not, go to step 13. Determines if any monitor has not completed. Pending Code Check and Evap Monitor "Bypass" Check

13. With the scan tool, check for pending codes. Conduct normal repair procedures for any pending code concern. Otherwise, rerun any incomplete monitor.
Note: if the EVAP monitor is not complete AND IAT was out of the 4.4 to 37.8° C (40 to 100° F) temperature range in step #4, or the altitude is over 2438 m. (8000 ft.), the Evap "bypass" procedure must be followed.
Proceed to step 14. Determines if a pending code is preventing the clearing of P1000. Evap Monitor "Bypass"

14. Park vehicle for a minimum of 8 hours. Repeat steps 2 through 12. DO NOT REPEAT STEP 1. Allow the "bypass" counter to increment to two.
Old Wed, February 18th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Cali Gestapo!

Caforddude is on a distinguished road

Well no firm diagnosis yet but they are telling me they think both came are bad as they were getting codes from both sides when they were driving it with there fancy computer hooked up to it. They said posibbly an oil change issue if using poor quality filters something inside the filter might get broke off inside and block some filter

As of now they said it looks like warranty covered cam replacements. It I will let you know for sure when I get the final word

Old Wed, February 18th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Cali Gestapo!

Well after having the truck for a full day they have not yet decided what the problem is or what to do to fix it.

They tell me they have NEVER seen codes from both cams at the same time unless there is an oil issue.

For now I gotz a stinkin rental car that is costing me an arm and a leg.

Bill, I know you said you had not been doing any cam adjustments on vehicles with CAI's but that you were gonna look at mine. Did you get the opportunity to look at the coding?

Old Wed, February 18th, 2009, 09:19 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Aaron,

I went back and looked at all the files we did for you and as I suspected, there are not any camshaft adjustments in your files. Even if there were, I'd have serious doubts that it would cause any sort of problem. I've seen tuning with more aggressive camshaft adjustments than anything we do and it just doesn't cause problems. In fact, the Roush stuff used on the supercharged setups is WAY more aggressive than anything we do and they work quite well.

I'd say that if the camshaft phasers are bad that it is most likely related to a lubrication problem. It's possible something related to the filter could be the cause, but I think even that's highly unlikely. I can't recall ever seeing a bad oil filter in 15 years of automotive service... even the cheap crap that some of the 10 minute oil change places use. I would say that it is more likely that there might have been some rubbish on the "wrong" side of the filter which got pushed into the oil gallery and eventually up into the heads.

Of course, this is all speculation. I guess the dealer will know more when they pull the camshafts out and check to see what's actually restricting oil flow to the cam phasers.

Hope it all works out well.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, February 18th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Cali Gestapo!

Thanks for lookin into it Bill. What you are saying is kinda echoing what the service writer is saying, possibly a bad oil change.

I wonder just how much "Stuff" would have to get through the oil though to cause an issue of this magnitude.

I am more irritated that they had it a whole day and haven't even pulled a valve cover yet to take a look inside. Hopefully I will have a solid answer as to problem, solution and who pays tomorrow morning...

Till then it is me and the sexy silver Sebring...

Old Wed, February 18th, 2009, 10:09 PM

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Hopefully you got the full insurance on the rental. Then you can do this...

http://www.ag.auburn.edu/users/parmega/articles/neon/

This is without question one of the funniest articles I've ever read! If you're not spewing beverage out of your nose by the time you hit "Kaboom!", then you either just don't get it, or you are dead!

Enjoy.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Old Thu, February 19th, 2009, 01:01 AM
Let the Mud come!!!

twintips_17 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Hopefully you got the full insurance on the rental. Then you can do this...

http://www.ag.auburn.edu/users/parmega/articles/neon/

This is without question one of the funniest articles I've ever read! If you're not spewing beverage out of your nose by the time you hit "Kaboom!", then you either just don't get it, or you are dead!

Enjoy.

Funny!!!!

Couldn't help it!!!!!

SUPERcrew
AF1, EDGE, and EFANS with Magnaflow Exhast SISO.
Expy Console and Rear Seat Swap! Eagle 16's with 285-75/16 ST's
Gryphon Tuner soon to have custom tunes by PHP!
Old Thu, February 19th, 2009, 09:32 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Then, of course the car goes on the used car market after a year and some dear, little old grandmother buys it....

That was a FUNNY article, Bill.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Thu, February 19th, 2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Then, of course the car goes on the used car market after a year and some dear, little old grandmother buys it....

- Jack
Caveat Emptor my friend... Caveat Emptor.

(678) 890-1110

Old Thu, February 19th, 2009, 09:09 PM
Stuck in a snow drift

coggerwayne is on a distinguished road
Same troble - rough idle

I had a simialar problem last night - very rough idle almost to the point of stalling while waiting at a light. Everything seemed fine before on highway 1/2hour on return from work. Same truck, motor and tuning. This morning no problem to and from work. Same maintenance regarding oil changes etc. Could not see what codes as my programmer out for repair (self induced).
Trucks stock "trouble" light did not come on either.

Would trouble code(s) stay in the computers memory until I get the programmer back?