Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Thu, March 12th, 2009, 08:50 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Aaron,

That's awesome news! I'm quite glad to hear that Ford is still able to show their integrity when dealing with warranty issues. I'm disappointed it's taking so long to get it done, but I can't imagine where you'd be at if you were still at that other dealership. Probably still sitting in the parking lot, I'd suspect.

Have a great weekend.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Thu, March 12th, 2009, 11:49 PM
Whopper Junior

mgd26 is on a distinguished road

so in the end of it all did you ever find out what the prob was with the old engine? or what actually caused it?
Old Sat, March 14th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Cali Gestapo!

Caforddude is on a distinguished road

Well I talked to the service writer again today. Unfortunately no 6.4 in my F150's future.

She told me after tearing it down they found a tear in some sort of seal or gasket. That tear caused the engine to burn oil and subsequently kill the engine.

Seal fail first or oil pump fail first? Chicken or the egg was her response. Couldn't tell which went first but they both went causing failure.

Ford is picking up the tab for the engine and hopefully part of my rental car.

The game plan was finishing pulling the engine out today (Friday). New engine should be here this weekend and they hope to have me back in my truck on Tuesday..WOOHOO.

I asked about warranty for the engine and she said that is kind of the bad news. If a customer pays for the engine it comes with a warranty, If Ford replaces it then the warranty only last the inital 3/36. An extended warranty is pretty reasonable and she said they would cut me a deal so I will probably do that.

Old Sat, March 14th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Cali Gestapo!

Apparently the "Tear" is a known defect in the 5.4 engines.

They also called the first dealer that I had taken it to and the first dealer told them:

"There was almost no oil in the engine and that what little oil that was in there was brown and gritty"

This service writer called BS on them asking them why that wasn't written down on any paperwork anywhere and they had no explanation.

Old Sat, March 14th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Cali Gestapo!

Well I went up to the shop today to check on my trucks status and snapped a few pics. They have the new engine dropped in already and man does it look clean.
As long as the truck is in the shop I'm also gonna have:
The fuel filter changed
The tranny flushed and inspected
A brake job.
Basically the 30,000 mile check up before I get her back Tuesday (hopefully) Prolly cost me a couple hundred bucks but it needs to be done and the shop has treated me right so I think I owe it to em.

Old Sat, March 14th, 2009, 11:39 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light
So did they replace it with a short block or a long block? If the long block option did you get lucky and get the new updated heads? If the new cop boots are brown then you could have the updated heads. Ask the service person.

Thank you

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, March 19th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Cali Gestapo!

FINALLY, My truck has come home.

SO in the end the truck ended up needing a new engine. I will post up the service order so people smarter then me can read it and see what the dealership actually said about it.

On top of having the engine done I had them check the tranny and drain and replace the fluid, new fuel filter and rear brakes were in need of being done and of course new oil filter/oil etc.

The rental car cost me $1100 and change for 21 days. I am hoping to get reimbursed at least a little from Ford for it but I don't know. Guess their standard rate is $28/day so even if they just gave me that it would be $588 which would be half and totally fair as far as I am concerned because part of my cost was that I paid for the extra insurance on the rental car and would not expect them to pick up that cost.

Engine is pretty, stock intake was re-installed for a variety of reasons so if anyone is looking for a Bansk intake for their truck I am going to post up in the classifieds with it.

Old Thu, March 19th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

JWBFX4 is on a distinguished road

Glad everything got straighten out for you!
Old Thu, March 19th, 2009, 08:13 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Our hats off to your dealer. They are awesome! We need to keep their number handy in case anyone else in the area could use a good dealer.

Now that I think about it... I think we'll make a section where we cal list reputable shops and dealers to get service from. Lord knows there are a lot of good ones, but also a number of bad ones. We can post it in the FAQ section and make updates as needed.

If anyone has any suggestions, please PM me or Corey and we'll get the ball rolling.

Aaron, make sure to get me the dealer's information including service manager, service writer and tech names. We'll make sure to include them in the list.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Tue, March 24th, 2009, 09:37 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Congrats on getting the motor in and done!

Just one question. DOES YOUR MOTOR HAVE THE NEW HEADS?

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.