Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Sat, March 5th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Whopper Junior

Stephen4879 is on a distinguished road
Default 05 4.6 f150 Custom air intake

If there is any possibility I can have this question answered it would be greatly appreciated. As the title suggests I wish to make a custom intake for my truck, not quite sure of the design, but exactly how does the custom tune adapt to this? Im just not quite sure how anything works on the electronics portion of the engine
Old Sun, March 6th, 2011, 12:15 AM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen4879 View Post
If there is any possibility I can have this question answered it would be greatly appreciated. As the title suggests I wish to make a custom intake for my truck, not quite sure of the design, but exactly how does the custom tune adapt to this? Im just not quite sure how anything works on the electronics portion of the engine
Well that really depends on how you do the intake, if you do the "gott's mod" you wont need any changing done, but if you customize around the air intake Bill might want to ask for dimensions or something like that. If you go with aftermarket Bill knows those already and can calculate the difference. What he has to change is what the MAF tell the computer. If the airflow is different than stock the MAF will tell the computer that there is more or less air (depending on what you do) than what is actually entering the engine. That help?
Old Sun, March 6th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Whopper Junior

I have done the gotts mod lol good to hear I don't have to change anything yet because it made a difference for 10$! But just to conform if i did a sort of ram air intake completely custom myself could bill make it work? And would that really be worth it?
Old Sun, March 6th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

If the MAF sensor is in the original housing it shouldn't matter. But post up a pic so we can be sure, I hear they are worth a thousand words.
Old Sun, March 6th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Whopper Junior

will do as soon as I can. Just to confirm the gotts mod right? Im not building a complicated custom intake if it won't run my engine right!
Old Sun, March 6th, 2011, 11:16 PM
Grown-up in training!

yup, check my album pics, I have a few of my modified Gott's mod on there, I decided the ram air didnt do much so I have since took it out. It just sucked up more bugs for my filter than anything
Old Sun, March 6th, 2011, 11:28 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Go ahead and post a pic of any mod you make.
Old Mon, March 7th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Whopper Junior

Will do! But thanks to ticopowell, I don't think anything beyond Gotts' mod is worth the $. Im going to go with electric fans and complete exhasut starting from the headers back, or are the headers worth the money? And if i dropped the cats that can be a custom tune correct?
Old Tue, March 8th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Grown-up in training!

I want to do all that someday... all it costs is money right? haha!
If you do headers it depends on which headers you do. Long headers and dropping the cats will definitely need custom tunes, shorty headers usually are fine without custom tunes, but cats will still need them. Shorties wont need them because they don't actually do much... at least from what I have heard.
Hope that helps, and you're welcome