Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Mon, March 23rd, 2009, 06:42 PM
Burnt Whopper

crash_lucky13 is on a distinguished road
Are you guys still open?

I've been trying to get ahold of you guys for 3 weeks. i'm throwing trouble codes and can't get it lined out. in the state of new mexico i have to have emissions test done so i can register my truck. my registration is out and when i go to have the emissions done they are telling me none of my sensors are working. my name is Josh and i'm from albuquerque. i've left countless messages, emails, etc and haven't got any reply.
Old Mon, March 23rd, 2009, 07:03 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Are you the same Crash_Lucky I recall from the f150Online forum? (Yellow truck if my fading brain cells are working at all)?

Do you have a Gryphon, or an Edge? If it's an Edge, have you tried talking to Tech Support at Edge?

Bill and Corey have had phone problems recently and they were out of contact before that for a family emergency. They might be able to help you now though. You need to tell them as much as you can about your truck. Year, engine, programmer, EXACTLY what the problems are, etc.

I just had a thought. You didn't by any chance return your truck to stock tune (Level 0) before you took it to emissions, did you? If you did, that's why it's showing a code. It needs to be run through a "drive cycle" procedure to reset those codes. If this is what happened, in the future, DO NOT put your truck back to stock before you have it emissions checked. It will do just fine on the tester if it's programmed to a non-stock level.

The drive cycle reset procedure is on PHP's website, in the FAQs. It will take some time and care on your part.

Oh, and welcome to the forum - we've talked about emissions testing with tunes installed here.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Mon, March 23rd, 2009, 07:05 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Josh,

The day after we got back into town last week, we found out that the phone wasn't working. It just got fixed on Monday. I just pulled a message from you off the answering machine this wekend, and you are on the list to be called. I'll have Bill give you a shout when he gets back from the pharmacy, and we'll see what we can do for ya.

Can you please PM me your phone number?

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Mon, March 23rd, 2009, 07:06 PM
Burnt Whopper

one and the same man. i've been running the gryphon for around a year now. it's a 2002 f150 5.4 boss. i was talking to bill about an update around the beginning of the year and since then nothing. no email or anything. i have moved and such since then and i've got a new phone but i've left it on the voicemail a few times...
Old Mon, March 23rd, 2009, 07:07 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

X2
Jack beat me on this one!
Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Mon, March 23rd, 2009, 07:17 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

(That's one for each of ya!)

You guys are awesome.

crash_lucky just sent me a very nice PM. As Bill told me today, we just need more hours in the day. Sometimes I feel like this: and it's upsetting to me that we can't be there for everyone who might need us WHEN they need us.

Not that I'm complaining! I'd rather the phone be ringing off the hook and me being backed up on answering e-mails as opposed to sitting at my desk staring at the phone hoping for it to ring!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Mon, March 23rd, 2009, 07:28 PM
Burnt Whopper

i never put it back to stock...i've been throwing a trouble code ever since november and was going to get a new program written for it. i only drive my truck one week a month but during that week i put about 1700 miles on it. i've got pulled over 3 times so far (lol my luck, don't ask ) but i've gotten out of the tickets...even with an expired registration. hopefully get this taken care of soon
Old Mon, March 23rd, 2009, 07:57 PM
PHP Groupie

Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash_lucky13 View Post
i never put it back to stock...i've been throwing a trouble code ever since november and was going to get a new program written for it. i only drive my truck one week a month but during that week i put about 1700 miles on it. i've got pulled over 3 times so far (lol my luck, don't ask ) but i've gotten out of the tickets...even with an expired registration. hopefully get this taken care of soon
Crash, you've got to be the "luckiest" guy in the world! Or maybe you just have a "pure" soul. Didn't you survive a huge chunk of metal that came flying through your windshield (fortunately on the passenger side) one day on an interstate?

Anyway, I'm glad you didn't return the tune to stock. But, that means there's a more troublesome reason for your code. Hopefully, Bill can help you with it in time to get your truck re-registered. At least now you know they're still here!

- Jack
Old Tue, March 24th, 2009, 06:48 AM
Burnt Whopper

Yea and I still have the broken a pillar on the passenger side and the piece of addaleaf on my garage wall. I know I'm lucky but I don't push the limits. Between here and Iraq I've had ALOT of close calls but came through most unhurt
Old Tue, March 24th, 2009, 10:47 AM
PHP Groupie

There's several Iraq veterans in this forum. You're in good company, Brother.

- Jack