Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Fri, April 10th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Member in Sin

SinCityFX4 is on a distinguished road

Well, I just caved in a PM'd Corey to see what we can find out. SOrry, tried not to bug you Cor. Can't call em since I am sure they are closed on Fridays. Everyone needs a day off

It's alright, will just salivate waiting to try these bad boys out for a few more days.

Last edited by SinCityFX4; Fri, April 10th, 2009 at 07:22 PM.
Old Fri, April 10th, 2009, 07:51 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinCityFX4 View Post
Well, I just caved in a PM'd Corey to see what we can find out. SOrry, tried not to bug you Cor. Can't call em since I am sure they are closed on Fridays. Everyone needs a day off

It's alright, will just salivate waiting to try these bad boys out for a few more days.
Just a small thought, are you by any chance using Windows Vista as your operating system? There are things you must do in this case that are covered in the Pegasus User Manual, available here: http://dygytalworld.ehost-services13...Downloads.html (Second download on this page).

Beyond that, I'm in the same boat as the rest of the folks who have given you excellent advice! It's the only thing I can think of!

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Fri, April 10th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Member in Sin

Yeah, I tried that. No go
Old Sat, April 11th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Member in Sin

No one else???
Old Sat, April 11th, 2009, 10:51 AM
PHP Groupie

Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Sin, I'm not really sure I'm going to be of any help, but I've spent more time reading your posts this morning (last evening we had guests coming over and I was in a hurry).

In one of your posts you talked about a driver installation window popping up? You almost certainly have a driver problem if that's the case.

So, bear with me while I try to verify a few things - and if you've already done all this, I'm sorry, I just don't have any better ideas.

When you activate Pegasus, is the version number V2.01.0127? (It's on the top in the title bar of the application window). If it's earlier, use Updates->Pegasus Update Manager to update it.

Then, under "Help", the first two choices are "Install Pegasus USB Drivers" and below that is "Install Evolution USB Drivers". When I click on "Install Pegasus USB Drivers", a popup appears that lets me do just that, and it gives this location as the default directory: "C:Program FilesPHPUSB Driver". When I look in this directory, I find these files, all dated 5/6/2008:

phpunin2k.exe
phpunin.exe
phpunin.u2k
phpunin.u98
slabbus.sys
slabcm95.sys
slabcmnt.sys
slabcomm.vxd (Thanks, OneTomcat)!
slabcr.sys
slabser.sys
slabvcd.vxd (Thanks, SinCityFX4)!
slabvcr.vxd (Thanks again, SinCityFX4)!
slabwh95.sys
slabwhnt.sys
Make sure you have all of these files. If not, possibly clicking on the "Install" button will put them there.

I also have another directory: C:Program FilesPHPUSB Drivers (note that it's "Drivers" plural) that has older files, probably from an earlier version of Pegasus. I doubt they're valid now and am tempted to delete them, but if you have the two directories, make sure you check the "USB Driver" one.

If all this checks out, it's all I can come up with - Bill or Corey will have to help you, so, I hope this helps you find the problem.

- Jack

Last edited by Jackpine; Sat, April 11th, 2009 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Corrected driver list as pointed out by OneTomcat and SinCityFX4
Old Sat, April 11th, 2009, 12:34 PM
PHP Cheerleading Section

OneTomcat is on a distinguished road

Jack, I don't know if you're using Vista or not but my PHP driver file shows 14 items. The one that doesn't appear in your list but does in mine is

slabcomm.vxd

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Sin, I'm not really sure I'm going to be of any help, but I've spent more time reading your posts this morning (last evening we had guests coming over and I was in a hurry).

In one of your posts you talked about a driver installation window popping up? You almost certainly have a driver problem if that's the case.

So, bear with me while I try to verify a few things - and if you've already done all this, I'm sorry, I just don't have any better ideas.

When you activate Pegasus, is the version number V2.01.0127? (It's on the top in the title bar of the application window). If it's earlier, use Updates->Pegasus Update Manager to update it.

Then, under "Help", the first two choices are "Install Pegasus USB Drivers" and below that is "Install Evolution USB Drivers". When I click on "Install Pegasus USB Drivers", a popup appears that lets me do just that, and it gives this location as the default directory: "C:Program FilesPHPUSB Driver". When I look in this directory, I find these files, all dated 5/6/2008:
phpunin2k.exe
phpunin.exe
phpunin.u2k
phpunin.u98
slabbus.sys
slabcm95.sys
slabcmnt.sys
slabcr.sys
slabser.sys
slabvcd.sys
slabvcr.sys
slabwh95.sys
slabwhnt.sys
Make sure you have all of these files. If not, possibly clicking on the "Install" button will put them there.

I also have another directory: C:Program FilesPHPUSB Drivers (note that it's "Drivers" plural) that has older files, probably from an earlier version of Pegasus. I doubt they're valid now and am tempted to delete them, but if you have the two directories, make sure you check the "USB Driver" one.

If all this checks out, it's all I can come up with - Bill or Corey will have to help you, so, I hope this helps you find the problem.

- Jack

'05 F150 FX4 SCAB
K&N FIPK
Magellan Navigation System
Full Boar Performance SIDO exhaust
Gryphon PHP Programmer w/ custom tunes
4UCam wireless backup cam
Old Sat, April 11th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Member in Sin

on the Edge Drivers I have these....

edgeuinin
edgeunin.u2k
edgeuninu98
edgeunin2k
slabbus.sys
slabcm95.sys
slabcmnt.sys
slabcomm.vxd
slabcr.sys
slabser.sys
salbvcd.vxd
slabvcr.vxd
slabwh95.sys
slabwhnt.sys

on the php side I have all those listed by you guys except these are different...

slabvcd.vxd instead of .sys

and

slabvcr.vxd instead of .sys

I did however notice something and I have no idea if it matters. Their is a programs and a programs (x86) and the drivers were only in one side. I clicked on the install drivers icon in the folders themsleves and it came up with an errot after it installed saying they were not installed correctly and asked If I wanted windows to fix it. I clicked yes for both drivers.

Gonna go out to the truck and try and see what it will do.
Old Sat, April 11th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Member in Sin

nothing...still tries to find driver software when I plug it in. still cant find it. not even when I browse the folder and tell it where to go
Old Sat, April 11th, 2009, 05:54 PM
PHP Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTomcat View Post
Jack, I don't know if you're using Vista or not but my PHP driver file shows 14 items. The one that doesn't appear in your list but does in mine is

slabcomm.vxd
Thank you OneTom. I simply overlooked that file - I have it too (and I'll go back and edit my post in case anyone else ever wants to refer to it). I'm running Windows XP, not Vista.

And, SinCity - The files: slabvcd.vxd and slabvcr.vxd are what I have too. I have no idea why I typed ".sys" as the extension on them. So, I'll change my post in this respect too.

I wonder, is it possible the Edge drivers are conflicting with the PHP Pegasus drivers? Do you still have Lightning (or Fusion) installed? I don't. Here's what I'd do now:

Go to Add/Remove Programs (or whatever it's called in Vista, if that's what you're using) and remove BOTH Lightning(Fusion) AND Pegasus. Verify that this removes the driver files and their directories. Then, do a "clean" install of Pegasus.

This may not help, of course, but I think it's worth a shot.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Sat, April 11th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Member in Sin

I never had any verison of the Edge so the lightning sofware is not an issue. I have deleted and reinstalled the program and drivers as many ways as I ca nthink of so short of using for skeet shooting I am out of options.