Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > The Starting Point > Latest News

Latest News Stay up to date with what's going on.

Closed Thread

Old Fri, September 17th, 2010, 01:07 AM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough
Default U.S. Air Force Academy News

I just felt that I should repost this to help my friends family. If you want more specifics feel free to PM me.

9/16/2010 - U.S. AIR FORCE ACADEMY, Colo. -- An Air Force Academy cadet was pronounced dead Sept. 16 at approximately 3:30 a.m. at Penrose Hospital in Colorado Springs, Colo., after he was found unconscious in his dormitory room at the Air Force Academy Sept. 15.

The cadet's name is being wittheld until 24 hours after next-of-kin notification.

The cause of the death is under investigation. Academy personnel are coordinating funeral arrangements with the cadet's family.

"The Academy family is deeply saddened by the death of one of our own," said Academy Superintendent Lt. Gen. Mike Gould. "Our Air Force family is grieving this loss, and we are committed to helping the family through this extremely difficult time."

Commandant of Cadets Brig. Gen. Richard Clark informed the Cadet Wing of the death at the Sept. 16 breakfast formation.

Counseling services are available from several on-base agencies, including the Academy Chaplain's Office, the 10th Medical Group Mental Health Clinic, Military OneSource and Military Family Life consultants. In the cadet squadrons, counseling is also available through the Peak Performance Center as well as each squadron's PEER representatives.

Here is the link. Academy cadet pronounced dead in Colo. Springs hospital
Closed Thread