Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > The Starting Point > Latest News

Latest News Stay up to date with what's going on.

Closed Thread

Old Fri, April 3rd, 2009, 11:14 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light
Default IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ!

Dear Old Customers, New Customers, and Potential Customers,

If you have tried to call us lately, you already know that it’s becoming increasingly harder to get in touch with us during our normal business hours. This is because our phones do not stop ringing between noon and 7PM – things quiet down a bit between 7PM and 9PM. We receive a minimum of 100 e-mails daily, so it’s even difficult for us to answer all of them, our PMs, and posts every day!

In addition, some of our F-150 Gryphon customers have had to wait far longer than what we think is acceptable for their custom tunes.

Have we thought about hiring someone to answer the phones and address e-mails? You bet! The problem with that solution is that most people prefer to speak directly to Bill -- or even me -- so that essentially defeats the purpose of hiring someone at this point.

And why is this happening? It’s very simple, actually. There are two reasons. First, we are very blessed that Power Hungry Performance is a booming business! We are at a point where we are receiving more orders each day than we are able to fulfill immediately (definitely not a bad problem to have!). Second, for those of you who don’t know… Bill does far more than write calibrations for chips and/or programmers. What many people don’t know is that he is also a hardware and software engineer; he writes all of our firmware and software and is the key developer for many of our products. In addition to development work, he tunes Ford diesels and gassers and reprograms FICMs and PCMs just about every day. Due to his extensive experience in the performance industry, Bill is also often consulted on various project trucks and is subcontracted by Edge to handle their Ford calibrations and to work on specific projects for them. As you can see, he’s a very busy guy.

We’ve been telling friends lately that we just need more hours in the day, and we have made a drastic decision which will allow us to provide better service to our customers.

As of April 2009, Power Hungry Performance will be closed to phone calls during the third full business week of every month. To compensate, we will NOT be closed to phone calls on Fridays anymore. We will also try to schedule live tuning events during the third full business week of the month for the convenience of our customers.

We are very aware that most of our customers prefer to speak with us before ordering, and we want to keep this opportunity available to them, which is why we will continue to keep our phones open until 9PM. Other tasks, however, are obviously limited during the time that we are on the phone. Closing the phones for one week of each month will allow us to focus on returning e-mails, PMs, posts, and phone calls and to work on custom tunes in a much more timely manner. In essence, it will provide us with more hours to do everything we can’t do when we’re on the phone each day.

During the week we are closed, business will still operate as usual! We will accept, process, and ship orders and be available for questions. However, those questions will be limited to e-mail, PMs, and posts. Our forum is also a wonderful tool for getting answers to basic questions, and we are so grateful to have incredible members who are willing to jump in and help when someone is in need! As always, if you have a disabled vehicle, you may post in the forum's Emergency Section or leave a message at 678-517-3849; we will get in touch with you as soon as we can.

Our office closures will be announced on our website and on the PHP Forum’s Calendar but for your convenience, they will be:

April 20-24
May 18-22
June 15-19
July 20-24
August 17-21
September 21-25
October 19-23
November 16-20
December – TBA

We have also disabled call waiting and added an additional business line to help you get in touch with us during regular business hours. Now, your call will automatically be forwarded to Line 2 if Line 1 is busy. If you call and get an immediate Voicemail message, that is because both lines are busy or because only one of us is in the office and we have forwarded a busy Line 1 over to Voicemail.

Thank you so much for your support as we muddle through these “growing pains.”

Blessings,
Bill and Corey

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Fri, April 3rd, 2009, 11:46 AM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

Afrancis is on a distinguished road

Sounds like a pretty good plan to me. Of course people will complain about it at first. But when they start seeing people say how much quicker they are getting there custom tunes and such then before, they will hopefully understand the decision.
Old Fri, April 3rd, 2009, 12:38 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Ah, Growing Pains!

Sounds good to me!

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Fri, April 3rd, 2009, 01:08 PM
Bacon King

DarrenWS6 is on a distinguished road

Hope all goes well and great to hear business is great! Congrats.
Old Fri, April 3rd, 2009, 02:06 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

JWBFX4 is on a distinguished road

Glad the business is doing good, and sounds like a good plan.
Old Fri, April 3rd, 2009, 06:25 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Nice post, Corey! We ALL knew something had to give. And, we know you do this because you DO put us first!

Here's my "long term" solution: Feed that young man Wil a bunch of growth hormones. Have him sleep at night with headphones on with Bill's voice teaching him everything he needs to know to become the fantastic tuner his Dad is. Before you know it, he'll be all grown up and ready to take his place as a partner in the business! (Of course there IS a downside - you'll have to feed him something else so his thoughts won't stray to the opposite sex as he matures. Wouldn't do to have him meet a sweet young thing and leave home!)

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Sat, April 4th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Member in Sin

SinCityFX4 is on a distinguished road
Sounds like a good battle plan

Glad to see PHP is doing good.
Old Sun, April 5th, 2009, 09:09 PM
addicted

kokopellimotorsports is on a distinguished road

Congrats on the growth. Sounds like a good plan.

Ty

Tuning is addicting. Lol.
Old Thu, April 9th, 2009, 06:41 PM
Whopper

gregk63 is on a distinguished road

This all sounds good and it's great to hear that PHP is growing, especially in this economy, but to me it still seems like Bill needs to hire some help on the technical end; not to answer phones. If you are growing and don't increase your workforce, then shifting man-hours is just going to show up as minus hours somewhere else. Myself, I would find it hard to ask a customer to pay $370+ for a tuner and then have him wait 2.5 months for his custom tunes, which is how long I have been waiting.
I know I'm not the only one thats wondering where you all are on getting out the custom tunes to your customers. I have read many threads asking this. I hope this thread doesn't impact my waiting time, just my thoughts and opinion. We'll see.
Old Thu, April 9th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Member in Sin

SinCityFX4 is on a distinguished road
Default Easy dude

Well I got the email from Corey today that mine were ready.

I doubt I will have time today to do up the software and download the tunes but tomorrow for sure

As for the above post....Bill hiring someone else on the technical end would not be Bill tuning your truck
As for the wait time??? Try Troyer where it is more like 5-6 months and the customer service is nothing compared to dealings with Bill and Corey. My wait time was about 3 months for Bill...I am sure it was worth the wait.

I went with PHP due to Bills experience and reputation, their presence of mind on the several forums I visit and their business ethics. And suggesting that it might take longer after you posting that is just rude

There are tons of tuners out there that will have your "custom tunes" to you in a few days.....good luck with that