Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > 6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming

6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming Power Hungry Performance 6.0L FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module) programming has been
the industry standard for in FICM modification almost 10 years.

If you have questions or would like more information about the benefits, please post here.

Old Sat, April 10th, 2010, 06:12 AM
electro-mechanical geek

eabrust is on a distinguished road
Default Question on the Remote FICM Tuning to update to the latest PHP FICM strategy

Sorry to start a new thread on the topic, but I have a question and when I post in the other active threads on the topic, it seems to be quickly burried by other posts and go un-noticed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post

Anyway, I'll have more information by Monday on the release of the new strategy and can get everyone updated to the new strategy. Those who have already been reflashed will be updated at no charge. We just ask that you provide the (refundable) $250.00 deposit for the programmer and cover shipping costs to you. We'll cover the return shipping and include a pre-paid shipping label in the package.
Thanks Bill, Its Awesome to hear that a fix is near, and we weren't all imagining issues with our trucks (Well, I guess the fact our trucks need I/H is an issue in itself, but...oh well)

Two question(s),

1) To get the remote FICM 're-tune' done, do we have to send in deposit for the FICM programmer, or are those with (or soon to have) a Gryphon going to be able to do the remote program update with it? (IE, when you ship me my Gryphon, can it be sent ready to flash my FICM, and then after that, I grab the canned or custom tunes w/ Pegasus?) If the Gryphon does do it, do we still submit another order form, or can you edit the order form you currently have for my EVO->Gryphon conversion?

2) (this question is for my own personal curiosity about how things work) Is the inductive heat strategy a hard-coded thing that runs for so long under a timer every time the truck is started no matter what, or does the ECM trigger it when it wants to based on sensor inputs (ambient temp, engine temp, etc)? Guess I'm curious if it is something that you can enable/disable when ever you want with the Gryphon? (ie, have a 'start inductive heating' menu option on the Gryphon which triggers it to turn on/off depending on the temp/how the truck is running,etc.) By no means am I asking you to implement such feature, just curious as to how controllable it is (ie, is it simmilar to the injector buzz test in that it is something that can be triggered on demand).

Thanks again Bill, we know you're burried, and you sell a product most people have a hard time waiting for.... (thats good, right?)

regards,
Eric
EGR deleted
Bypass coolant and oil filters
4" Turboback
Old Mon, April 12th, 2010, 08:34 AM
Spark Plug Inhibited

Jeremy is on a distinguished road

I can't answer your question #2, but yes on question #1, they would send you a gryphon to do the FICM and then use pegasus to load your tunes. As for the form? I'm not sure on that one but I'll find out.
00 F-350 7.3, 12 Speed, PHP Gryphon, PHP hydra, DAC3
95 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, Auto, Mechanics Truck
94 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, 5 speed, Flatbed
Old Tue, April 13th, 2010, 08:11 PM
electro-mechanical geek

eabrust is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the input Jeremy!

Eric
EGR deleted
Bypass coolant and oil filters
4" Turboback