Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > General Vehicle Related Topics > Towing

Towing This forum is specifically for questions, comments, or ideas about towing with your vehicle.

Old Mon, September 21st, 2009, 08:47 AM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about
Default Show us your trailer(s)

I will start off this thread with pics of the trailer I bought at a local auction for hauling my Bobcat.... subsequently took it on a 2500 mile road trip to Reno, Nevada to get a backhoe attachment for my Skid Steer.

I made the trip in 100HP setting with the exception of a couple of hills on the way back that I had to switch to 60HP due to the EGT temps. was 75-80mph the whole trip except construction zones. truck drove like the trailer was not even there
Projects. 1970's Hustler and Max II Amphibious ATV's
Old Mon, September 21st, 2009, 11:36 AM
Double Whopper

gabeyd is on a distinguished road

Here's mine. It's a 32' Keystone Cougar family camper. With the bike rack and the hitch in the front, it's about 37' total length. Queen bed in front, 4 bunk beds in the back used for three kids, and a toy shelf. Weighs about 9600 lbs loaded. We take it out once or twice a month in the summer, and once every month or two the rest of the year.

I have not towed it since I switched to PHP, but I used to tow with another chip's 40Tow setting, and still had to watch EGT. I look forward to my first tow with the PHP chip in a couple of weeks.

Old Mon, September 21st, 2009, 09:15 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Old Mon, September 21st, 2009, 10:17 PM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about

I like your Deuce and a half, I keep getting tempted to buy one but other things seem to pop up for me to spend my money on
Got the spring perches to do the spring over on my trailer today also got a great deal on a Warn 8274 winch for $200 today so will probably mount that on the trailer too. Need to find a old working snow plow pump. I want to add a power up and down to the trailer tilt assembly. Have a remote control setup to run both the winch and pump setup if i can find one
Old Mon, September 21st, 2009, 10:28 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Ha ha, our horse wouldnt even know what to do in a trailer like that.
Old Mon, September 21st, 2009, 10:48 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by soutthpaw View Post
I like your Deuce and a half
Here is what it looks like now....

Old Tue, September 22nd, 2009, 11:16 PM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

I got the spring over done and the trailer jack remounted so its closer to the tongue...
Old Sun, November 1st, 2009, 04:19 AM
Glocks and Goldwings

glockwinger is on a distinguished road

Here is what I usually tow. It is a 8 x 19' Ice Castle fish house that I use for ice fishing and as a hunting shack up here in MN. This picture is of the Fish House and my truck on Lake Mille Lacs. In this photo, the wheels are cranked up to lower the floor down to the ice.

Here is what the inside looks like:

It weighs in at 3700 lbs before I put all my "must have" fishing or hunting equipment inside.
Old Sun, November 1st, 2009, 07:42 AM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockwinger View Post
Here is what I usually tow. It is a 8 x 19' Ice Castle fish house that I use for ice fishing and as a hunting shack up here in MN. This picture is of the Fish House and my truck on Lake Mille Lacs. In this photo, the wheels are cranked up to lower the floor down to the ice.

It weighs in at 3700 lbs before I put all my "must have" fishing or hunting equipment inside.
Thats a neat set up. I like that you can pull it somewhere then just set it down. Haha, the terrain just looks really weird to me because down here in central texas, I've only seen real snow twice and the only ice we get is the dangerous black ice. But I do like that I dont need to carve through a layer of ice whenever I want to go fishing.
Old Sun, November 1st, 2009, 03:51 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

I dig the "green hornet".