Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > General Vehicle Related Topics > Performance Modifications and Other Conversations

Performance Modifications and Other Conversations This is a place where we can have real, honest discussions about all things performance related.

Whether it's power adders, engine parts, configurations, injectors, tuning, or whatever else you can thing of, let's talk about it!

Old Sun, January 11th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Double Whopper

jerodr is on a distinguished road
Default Silverstar Park/Turn Signals

Hey guys..(and gal), I put some Silverstar park/turn signal lights in my truck the other day. Just curious to see what ya'll say about them. I wasn't sure about them at first, but I think they are growing on me. I saw the ones that jack had and I liked those too, but I decided to try these since I hadn't seen them on anyone's truck before. Sorry the picture is kinda low light.

Jerod
Attached Images
File Type: jpg silverstar.jpg (36.5 KB, 36 views)
Old Thu, January 15th, 2009, 12:33 AM
* THIS SPACE FOR RENT *

Screw-Me-05 is on a distinguished road

I have the same SS in the parking lights
Old Thu, January 15th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Warranty Voider

Dixie Design is on a distinguished road

Look good during the day, I'd be curious to see what the road looks like illuminated with them at night.
Specs: 2004 4.6L SCAB | Gryphon Programmer 87 Performance | Magnaflow True Dual Exhaust - Rear Cat Delete | S&B CAI | Summit Underdrive Pulleys | Troyer eFans (ordered) | Smittybilt Bullbar | Procomp 6" Driving Lights | UWS Toolbox | Rhino Lining | Chrome Steprails | 2.5" Leveling Kit | 265/70/R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT's
Vids: Magnaflow Startup & Revs - Interior Exhaust Sounds
Old Sat, January 17th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Double Whopper

I haven't really noticed a difference in them at night, but I never looked at the other ones all that much either. Maybe there is a difference but I can't tell.

Jerod
Old Sat, January 17th, 2009, 04:22 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

The biggest difference between Silverstars and Stealth bulbs, is that the Silverstars look blue in the daytime, whereas the Stealth bulbs tend to match the silver reflector color in the light housing. You can see the blue in the picture posted by Screw-Me. If you go to the pictures of my truck that I posted in my albums here, you'll see one that shows how Stealth bulbs look.

And, another difference, I suppose is that Silverstars can be bought in any automotive parts place. The only place I've found Stealth bulbs is through internet sources.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Sun, January 25th, 2009, 07:13 PM
Double Whopper

chappy is on a distinguished road

I have them in the f150 also.I tried to get them for the f250 a couple weeks ago and found out they quit making them so You might want to get a spare if you like them.I searched Autozone,autovalue,advanced auto,and pep boys and all of them said they were completely out of all of them and would not be getting any more.
Old Sun, January 25th, 2009, 08:52 PM
Double Whopper

Yeah I went everywhere looking for them. I finally found them at O'Reillys auto and they had to order them even. Not easy to find
Old Mon, April 6th, 2009, 01:17 AM
Bacon King

Desert Racer is on a distinguished road

Walmart has em for $3, the illuminate yellowish yet with HID's you would never know.
Old Mon, April 6th, 2009, 12:36 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Not a bad bulb at all! The blueish tint does have to grow on a person after awhile.

Jack could you post a link to your stealth bulb supplier?

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Tue, April 7th, 2009, 06:38 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
Not a bad bulb at all! The blueish tint does have to grow on a person after awhile.

Jack could you post a link to your stealth bulb supplier?

Lars
Certainly! Sorry I didn't see your question earlier! Here's the link: http://autolumination.com/3157_3156.htm

Go about 3/4 down on the page, to "3156 or 3157 Silver Vision" (just above "Chrome Dome"). For dual filament bulbs like front turn signals, you want 3157's and, unless your State thinks different colors are OK, you want the ones that glow "Amber" when lit, not White or Red. Notice they're only $3.49 each.

I've ordered many different bulbs from this source. They ship right away and use USPS, which I prefer. I've never gotten a bad product.

As an aside, I put the "3156 60 High Powered Wide Angle SMT LEDS" you see at the top of the page in my backup light housings. I think the illumination is quite a bit better than the stock bulbs. They're not as bright as the 55W halogens that some people have mounted under the bumper as aux backup lights, but they're pretty good.

- Jack