Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2009 to 2014 F-150

2009 to 2014 F-150 3.5L, 3.7L, 4.6L, 5.0L, 5.4L, and 6.2L equipped F-150s

Old Sat, May 22nd, 2010, 07:39 PM
2009KR

freeman.public is on a distinguished road
Default 2009-2010 Gryphon - when?

The previous thread on this topic seems to have stalled. When is the Gryphon expected for the 2009 - 2010 F150? It has been ~17 months since the initial dyno data and ~9 months since the Gryphon release was expected. If Edge is not planning to release the needed programmer to make the Gryphon in the near future, what else is recommended? (Is the Xcal3 from Breenspeed any good?)

1. Please give an update of when you will support the 2009-2010 F150 (5.4)
2. I would also like to know if you have any updated dyno info. The test from 01/2009 was at high elevation and 85 octane. A near-sea-level test with 93 octane would be nice to see.

Thanks.
Old Sat, May 22nd, 2010, 08:00 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

martinoledad is on a distinguished road

you can get the SCT X3 for the 2009 F150 5.4. I have it and i love mine. I have custom tunes i just dont have all the gauges, its only a hand held programmer. But Still gave me alot more power.
Old Sun, May 23rd, 2010, 06:39 AM
2009KR

freeman.public is on a distinguished road

Where did you buy it? Can you provide some more details on your experience? (HP Gains? MPG changes? Which tune do you use? Transmission behavior changes? Other?)

Thanks.
Old Sun, May 23rd, 2010, 08:53 AM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

martinoledad is on a distinguished road

I bought it here at PHP. I dont have any dyno charts. Ive gained almost 2 MPG, i started using 91 performance but switched to 87 performance(due to gas prices), i feel that the transmission does act better since ive got my programmer and it does shift into second a little hard still but if you take off easy or give it a little gas it usally doesnt do it but i havent felt it down shift hard since ive gotten it.
Old Mon, June 28th, 2010, 07:43 PM
Whopper

mikey is on a distinguished road

Bump for updates. Are there any?
Old Tue, June 29th, 2010, 06:33 PM
King Ranch Fan

2009KR is on a distinguished road

It has been promised so many times over the past 20 months that it is hard to get excited
Old Tue, June 29th, 2010, 06:54 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

We feel the same way.

Bill is on the phone with Edge right now, though, so I had him asked -- again. Everything's in BETA testing right now, so they're just waiting for feedback. Looks like it may just happen!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Tue, June 29th, 2010, 08:06 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

I keep saying this, and I believe it! Edge desperately wants to put a programmer for 09-10 model trucks on the market! Every day they don't costs them money - BIG bucks, if potential customers buy different hardware.

I can only conclude that their beta testing has found rather serious problems in the implementation. When you're fooling around with several thousand vehicles on the road and potential lawsuits, you'd better have your confidence level at a comfortable high.

So, if you REALLY want a CS/CTS, stick around. Sometimes the wait is worth it.

Overall, I like the way Edge supports its customers and I really don't have to tell you how I feel about PHP, do I? I wouldn't be working with them in the forum if I didn't think that Bill, Corey and now Cody are the best! When I met them in person, it only reinforced that opinion.

In this case, I think Edge is maybe putting customer satisfaction/safety/reliability ahead of the almighty, quick buck. I'm glad - it tells me this is a company that's in it for the "long haul".

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Tue, June 29th, 2010, 09:45 PM
Whopper

mikey is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the updates! If I didn't want THE BEST, I would have stopped waiting and bought something inferior.

For now, I will patiently keep waiting, knowing I will be better off in the end.
Old Wed, June 30th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Black Platinum

SportTractoF150 is on a distinguished road

Last day of June. I know we just asked it like 2 days ago, but any hint from Edge on if they're gonna release today or tomorrow?