Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Upgrade your Evo

Upgrade your Evo Upgrade your Edge Evolution to a Gryphon Programmer to allow for custom tuning and additional functionality.

Due to issues with the cable failures due to incompatible versions of firmware, we do not offer upgrades
or tuning for the 1997-2003 F-Series gas or 7.3L diesel trucks. We recommend using another platform.

Old Wed, September 15th, 2010, 09:10 AM
Whopper Junior

Narvelous1 is on a distinguished road
Help Gryphon screen blank

I just got my Gryphon (upgraded Evo) back yesterday from PHP and I am very happy with the results. Unfortunately I still have an issue with it … when I started my truck this morning, the screen on it was blank and the backlit light stayed on. I drove to work (about a 10 – 15 min drive) and the screen stayed that way the whole trip. Even when I turned my truck off, the backlit light continued to stay on and I had to unplug it to turn it off. I plug it back in and turn the truck on and the backlit light comes on and the screen is blank again. Please help!!!

Interior: Black leather w/ red stitching, Pioneer DVD double DIN touchscreen, carbon fiber dash kit
Exterior: 2010 F150 FX2 fender and tailgate emblems, smoked 3rd brake light, XPEL smoked headlight & foglight covers, Harley Davidson tails, Fire & Ice LED brake light, 15% tint, Rhino spray-on bedliner
Performance: K&N CAI, Dynomax Bullet muffler, Edge Evo
Old Fri, September 17th, 2010, 07:08 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

I sent Corey an email. Hopefully she will be able to respond to your concern shortly.
Old Mon, September 20th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Narvelous, you said that you're still having a problem with it. Did you have the blank screen issue before you sent it in? The screen worked fine when it was updated.

We've been getting calls recently with the same issue. Most likely, it is due to the heat. Try unplugging the unit and taking it inside with you (I know it's a pain... I'm sorry!) where it's cool. Plug it back in when you start your truck and see if the screen is still an issue.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Mon, September 20th, 2010, 11:43 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Anytime the screen stays lit with the key off, I suspect a failing battery. Have you had your battery tested?

And, if the battery is low enough, it may start the truck, but the voltage would have dropped low enough during the start that the Gryphon cannot reinitialize properly when the voltage comes back up. If you unplug your Gryphon after start and then plug it back in again (without shutting the engine down), does it work then?

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer