Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Wed, January 5th, 2011, 07:15 AM
Whopper Junior

Gary Slahor is on a distinguished road
Default 2003/04 ECM in a 2005 Excursion ?

Complete NOOB here, so pardon the silly questions..........

I'm trying to round up a spare ECM and a spare FICM to send in to PHP for reprogramming to minimize my down time.

1. If it's going to be completely reprogrammed anyway, is it acceptable to use a 2003/04 ECM and reprogram it for my 2005 Excursion 6.0PSD ?
P/n for the 03/04 ECM is FCM-122.... 3C7A-12A650-HM.

2. I just had the truck in the dealers shop and it was completely reprogrammed with the latest version software as of Dec 15, 2010. How can I determine what verasion (strategy?) of the software I now have? I don't have a code reader or tuner (yet).

Many thanks...........Gary
Old Wed, January 5th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Spark Plug Inhibited

Jeremy is on a distinguished road

This may help a little

Using a F-series PCM in a EX - PowerStrokeNation

You shouldn't have a problem having Bill reprogram your pcm, but I would try to find a pcm from a 04 truck(a true 04/04, they're were 03 engines in early 04's) use that in your truck and ship the EX pcm to Bill for reprogramming. I only recommend that because the original pcm will have all the PATS info in it Bill will need to program into the pcm when he rolls it back. He may be able to do it remotely for you aswell, but excursions add a little more difficulty in having the PATS data stored in the pcm. And he'll need that info if you want your anti-theft to function correctly. If you don't care then use the truck PCM but you'll have a theft light flashing for a little while at each start up as described in my post above.
00 F-350 7.3, 12 Speed, PHP Gryphon, PHP hydra, DAC3
95 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, Auto, Mechanics Truck
94 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, 5 speed, Flatbed