Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Old Fri, July 29th, 2011, 01:21 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of
Default High-Fructose Corn Syurp. This stuff is SCARY!

If any of you are like me and are sick and tired of the rash of commercials on TV about how "natural" HFCS is and how it's "just as good as sugar", then you might want to read some of these articles.

The Murky World of High-Fructose Corn Syrup - Modern Foods - Weston A Price Foundation

The Double Danger of High Fructose Corn Syrup - Modern Foods - Weston A Price Foundation

Agave Nectar Worse Than We Thought - Modern Foods - Weston A Price Foundation

Misleading HFCS (High Fructose Corn Syrup) Commericals | The IF Life

High Fructose Corn Syrup: Industry Fights Back With Misleading Ad Blitz - SUGAR SHOCK! Blog

The particular concerns with HFCS is how the body metabolizes the Fructose and how large quantities of it can cause liver damage. It also does not promote the production of Insulin, a chemical which signal "fullness" when eating. This causes people to not only eat more, but also can be a precursor to Diabetes.

Corey and I have recently taken a stance on avoiding processed foods as much as possible, and in light of the evidence against HFCS we have also gone to great lengths to remove this poison from our diets as well. What is also interesting is that many of the heavily processed foods also use HFCS as either a sweetener or as a preservative, so avoiding processed foods was already a step in the right direction.

It's funny how the HFCS proponents are putting so much time and energy into extolling the virtues of their product... So much, that it makes you wonder what they're trying to cover up. Once you do a Google search on HFCS and get past all the "Sweet Surprise" BS that comes up, you really begin to see just what a frightening chemical concoction this stuff really is.

Next time you take a trip to the grocery store, take a few minutes to look at the labels of the foods you buy. Sure, things like sodas, sweets, and condiments would be pretty obvious places for HFCS, but stuff you wouldn't even expect like hotdogs or lunch meat even use it. It's bad enough to have "pink slime" used as filler in processed meats and even fresh ground beef, but to then add HFCS is ridiculous.

America is losing the war on health and the food industry couldn't care less. HFCS keeps you hungry and eating, so why should they? And when it's all done, the health care system makes a fortune treating the sick and obese. But that's another argument. In the end, the only ones that lose are the uninformed consumers.

Hopefully this will help lighten the seriousness of this topic...

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Fri, July 29th, 2011, 03:16 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

I have some cousins that are allergic to corn and its biproducts.....its a real treat to go eat at their houses..almost all of their food is hand prepped and they only eat out at organic restaurants ......they make their own ketchup and its the best!

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Fri, July 29th, 2011, 05:33 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Similar attitude here. Janet's Daughter Rachael has recently become certified in nutrition, and we do our best to avoid most "processed" foods. Janet has become essentially vegan, with a bit of fish now and then and I eat much less meat than I used to. Not many things in our house with HFCS.

Fresh vegetables can be pretty tasty if prepared properly.

- Jack
Old Sat, July 30th, 2011, 07:24 AM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

I like to cook so I rarely buy processed foods.

I don't even buy meat most of the time. My family has been raising livestock for a long time. Then I usually get a good sized deer during hunting season and when I don't want red meat I catch fish out of the river (not that it is much safer than meats with additives).

As for veggies, we buy them fresh.

I also include quite a bit of fruit in my diet when I can.