Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Fri, April 1st, 2011, 05:19 PM
Whopper

Demo250 is on a distinguished road

I have a feeling a "stage 1 package" would be a hot seller. Just sayin...

Hope to see another update when you have the chance!
Old Fri, September 23rd, 2011, 08:34 AM
Whopper Junior

audiocontr is on a distinguished road

Speaking of which, I am in the market for stage 1s and a phoenix chip. Would you be interested in selling the stage 1s from your build once you upgrade to the stage 2s? Throw me a package deal for your slightly used injectors and a chip?

No window shopping here, 100% committed to purchase.
Old Wed, November 30th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Whopper

jaybuller is on a distinguished road
Default 399 is a good number

nice to see you working with a pmr enigne with high mileage.... thats what im workin with. although i want to stay around 375hp or so. I dont want to have to mess with blowing headgaskets or replacing rods. I also dont want to have to worry about breaking somthing 1000 miles from home! So for you to do all the testing on your pmr truck is nice to have! And btw do you have a way of measuring the cly pressures thats going on in there or the drive pressures? thanks
Old Sat, December 3rd, 2011, 02:50 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

Robert6401 is on a distinguished road

This is awesome info Bill. I'd like to get up there close to 400hp and stop for longevity sake on my PMR's. It's great to know I can get there with Stage 1 injectors and the proper tuning. I'm really surprised you didn't have to do anything with the turbo to get here, but what do I know?!

2003 F250 Lariat 7.3PSD CC SB FX4

Kwik (6637) Filter, RE 2.5" leveling kit, F350 Rear Blocks, TC Lock, Fumoto, EBPV/Exhaust Brake,6.0 Tranny Cooler, AIH Delete, IssPro EV2 Gauges, PHP Phoenix stock, 25tow, 40tow, 65tow, 80dd, 100perf, In-tank mods, Muffler Delete, WW, FRx,HPx, JW Stage 1 Trans, Swamps HV/HF IDM
-Pulling a 38' Forest River Sierra 5th Wheel
Old Sun, December 4th, 2011, 01:03 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert6401 View Post
I'm really surprised you didn't have to do anything with the turbo to get here
Why? Because EVERY forum expert that has repeated the same regurgitated story 25 times tells you that you need one to get there?

I plan on running my stocker until it explodes, but with 252K on the truck and 15K miles on these injectors already (including multiple dyno runs, 5 trips down the track, beating on it repeatedly, and hauling a couple loads in excess of 8-9K lbs. over passes in a tune that makes 375+ RWHP) and no additional axial or radial "play" in the turbocharger shaft, I think I'll keep it. Heck, I may just rebuild it when it goes and keep on truckin'.

It cleans up the smoke REALLY well and is plenty responsive.
Old Sun, December 4th, 2011, 03:51 AM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

Robert6401 is on a distinguished road

Ok Cody, so no turbo, just injectors and tuning. You mention towing 8-9k lbs. What about 13-14k lbs, how long do you think the stock turbo will last?

2003 F250 Lariat 7.3PSD CC SB FX4

Kwik (6637) Filter, RE 2.5" leveling kit, F350 Rear Blocks, TC Lock, Fumoto, EBPV/Exhaust Brake,6.0 Tranny Cooler, AIH Delete, IssPro EV2 Gauges, PHP Phoenix stock, 25tow, 40tow, 65tow, 80dd, 100perf, In-tank mods, Muffler Delete, WW, FRx,HPx, JW Stage 1 Trans, Swamps HV/HF IDM
-Pulling a 38' Forest River Sierra 5th Wheel
Old Sun, December 4th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Double Whopper

turbosuzuki is on a distinguished road

Lots of great info because i want to make 400hp one day in my 02.

I was looking at a 38r a set of hybrids and a srp1 plus a rr and custom tunes.
Oh valve body and converter for tranny
Old Sun, December 4th, 2011, 12:21 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert6401 View Post
Ok Cody, so no turbo, just injectors and tuning. You mention towing 8-9k lbs. What about 13-14k lbs, how long do you think the stock turbo will last?
Oh crud, this is Bill's thread. Maybe I should read the title before I go spouting off just because it's had a new post. I'm not posting any more in this thread, just the Bill vs. Cody thread.

I haven't had a chance to pull more than 9K lbs. since I've been home this year. I used to pull that kind of weight regularly back when I had a wife with horses......

That being said, I don't think that the truck would physically have any problems with that kind of weight, but I would absolutely NEED to get a different turbocharger or I would have to drive in 3rd gear. The surge is terrible above 9-10 PSI at 2000-2300 RPM and being under 10K lbs. keeps me at about 7-8 PSI on flat ground maintaining speed (picking nits, I know).

In addition, I'm being "bad" because of the 20" tires I'm using. They're not light truck tires and the sidewalls are a bit spongy....the weight rating is fine, but they're only load range "C" tires. The price we pay to look cool, I guess.

Anyhoo....

turbosuzuki has the right idea. If you want to USE your truck with anything above what stock injectors can give you, I would suggest a turbocharger and some increased transmission strength for reliability. We all know how much it sucks using a stock turbo with more fuel when towing and I have overcome the stock transmission's ability to "hold" when towing without cranking up the line pressure to insane levels.

Have a great one.