Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Thu, May 19th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Double Whopper

wood4heat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
The valve body spacer on the 02 and 03 trucks is different than the one on earlier trucks so it's easy to get a long, drawn-out shift on higher horsepower programs due to restricted flow problems. Sometimes, you'll get a flare and a bump too.
I'm trying not to take up too much of your time here but is that what I could be feeling on the 2-3 shift occasionally? It doesn’t always happen but sometimes it feels like the clutch disengages just before the shift allowing the rpm’s to build momentarily and then hits firmly into third. Seems more prominent when there is a load on the truck. The truck continues to accelerate through it but the tach and speedo don't seem 100% matched up. It's so minor I not exactly sure it's not just my imagination but after the info you gave in an earlier post I thought it was possibly the stock torque converter clutch catching up with the modified valve body. I was hoping if there was something going on it would be corrected with your tuning.

Could this cause longevity problems with the higher hp tunes and is there something I could do to improve it?

Also thanks for the time and info you’re sharing. I really appreciate it.
Old Mon, June 6th, 2011, 01:15 AM
Double Whopper

wood4heat is on a distinguished road

I've had a hectic couple of weeks but did receive my chip. Almost a week later I finally got around to installing it. Only went for a short drive but WOW! The 80hp DD adds a nice bit of pep and the 120hp race is scary. It's such a drastic increase I don't trust the tranny to hold up to it. I was honestly afraid to go WOT on it, especially through the shifts.

Definitely happy with the tunes but might need some time to build my confidence in the truck.
Old Mon, June 6th, 2011, 06:03 AM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

cj45lc is on a distinguished road

I hear you, it's gonna take a while to wear the NEW off of it...lol