Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Thu, January 20th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Whopper Junior

skizriz is on a distinguished road
Default Running rich with custom trans settings??

Got a strange problem, and after tons of searching I found it to have happened to a few other people. The posts always ended with out a solution though.

Here's what I have.
2001 F150 5.4
Edge Evolution.

Truck runs fine on canned 0-1-2-3 settings.
The problem occurs when I try to change the trans settings in the custom options. It happens with all three levels.

I am just looking to raise up the WOT shift points, firm them up, and raise the standard shift points as it shifts too early.
When ever I do that, the truck will run rich, black smoke, barely idles (if it does), and even threw a code. (TPS inconsistant with MAF ?).
When this happens, the Engine Load readout stays around 80%,doesn't change at all.

On my display, running my normal #2 tune, with the tire ratio and gear ratio corrected, I have also noticed strange things happening.

The current gear in the upper right corner will read 1-2-3-4. No P-N-R, even when in P-N or Reverse,it just shows 1. Also no Tq converter lock is ever shown, even when locked up on the highway.

With the current gear in the upper left corner, it reads 1 locked, In park. Then 2-3-4 unlocked.

Depending on where I have the engine load% readout, it will read the same number as what I have next to it,whether it RPM or voltage,etc.

I started talking with Edge a few weeks ago, gave them the info and up-loaded my programmer for them. Still no information on what to do next.

Here are 2 pictures of the display taken back to back. I simply moved paramaters around. The truck was in PARK at the time.

I'm at the point now where I'm ready to box it up and send it back.

Any ideas on what to do next??

Steve