Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Tue, November 3rd, 2009, 05:58 PM
Whopper

Matt_g is on a distinguished road
Default Locked Gryphon

I bought a locked Gryphon programmer for my 5.4 a couple weeks ago . Is there a way i can unlock it myself or will I have to send it to Bill to have him do it?

Thanks
Old Tue, November 3rd, 2009, 06:14 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_g View Post
I bought a locked Gryphon programmer for my 5.4 a couple weeks ago . Is there a way i can unlock it myself or will I have to send it to Bill to have him do it?

Thanks
I think you DO want to contact Bill. You may not need to send him the unit, but he'll probably need the Serial Number to be able to help you. properly.

Could you possibly get the guy you bought it from to return the tune on his truck to stock? This is what should have happened!

Or, is it possible the unit simply does not understand your truck's hex code when you attempt to program YOUR PCM? If that's the case, it possibly still has custom tunes installed, which won't work on your truck. Those can be replaced with a calibration update through Pegasus.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Tue, November 3rd, 2009, 06:25 PM
Whopper

I sent bill a message but i guess hes loaded down with sema... I would send it back to the seller, but he is a crook. He told me it was unlocked, once I got it and figured out it was locked, he hasnt answered my calls, emails or paypal claims... Oh well
Old Tue, November 3rd, 2009, 06:43 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_g View Post
I sent bill a message but i guess hes loaded down with sema... I would send it back to the seller, but he is a crook. He told me it was unlocked, once I got it and figured out it was locked, he hasnt answered my calls, emails or paypal claims... Oh well
Pretend I'm stupid (not a bad assumption, really). What exactly do you see if you plug the Gryphon in to your truck? (Remember, the ignition has to be ON before you plug it in, but the engine MUST BE off)! Does the screen show anything? Do you possibly see a little number in the upper right corner, and if so, is it "0" (zero)? If so, the unit IS unlocked. If you can't get that far, then you're probably right about the "lock" status and I think the best thing to do is contact Bill.

Let me know the answers to this. I'll try to check back before I leave town tomorrow morning.

- Jack
Old Tue, November 3rd, 2009, 06:50 PM
Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Pretend I'm stupid (not a bad assumption, really). What exactly do you see if you plug the Gryphon in to your truck? (Remember, the ignition has to be ON before you plug it in, but the engine MUST BE off)! Does the screen show anything? Do you possibly see a little number in the upper right corner, and if so, is it "0" (zero)? If so, the unit IS unlocked. If you can't get that far, then you're probably right about the "lock" status and I think the best thing to do is contact Bill.

Let me know the answers to this. I'll try to check back before I leave town tomorrow morning.

- Jack

The gryphon acts just like normal, shows the 4 gauge display but shows level 3 in the corner. The first time i plugged it in it read my HEX code and everything like my edge did. But when I try to program the truck, the gryphon says that it is currently downloaded onto a different truck. So before the seller set it, he never unprogrammed his truck which was on 3...
Old Tue, November 3rd, 2009, 07:18 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Have you gone into pegasus and tried the utility options? One of them is 'Restore Gryphon' and if I remember correctly it should reset the gryphon to 'out of the box' status.
Old Tue, November 3rd, 2009, 07:49 PM
Whopper

Ya i tried that too and it asks for a unlock key password.
Old Tue, November 3rd, 2009, 07:59 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

yup, I had that problem first day I got mine because something didn't go right.
I guess you have to wait until Bill gets back if none of the options work, but until he does maybe also try the gryphon update or target functions. If those dont work then you will have to talk to him.
Old Tue, November 3rd, 2009, 08:11 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Its not your fault that you bought a locked gryphon.
Sounds like someone sold it in a hurry w/o thinking or its a gryphon with legs(stolen).
So to any other posters WE WILL have to let this one go through PHP protocol!
Bill and Corey will have to figure out whose it was.
Please if anything give them a shout by using this forum's private messaging system. Their user names are Power Hungry and Groovy Chick.
IMO
Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Tue, November 3rd, 2009, 08:19 PM
Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
Its not your fault that you bought a locked gryphon.
Sounds like someone sold it in a hurry w/o thinking or its a gryphon with legs(stolen).
So to any other posters WE WILL have to let this one go through PHP protocol!
Bill and Corey will have to figure out whose it was.
Please if anything give them a shout by using this forum's private messaging system. Their user names are Power Hungry and Groovy Chick.
IMO
Lars
Yeah i know the guy i got it from ordered it from here. But anyways, I sent bill a PM yesterday about my situation. Thanks guys for all your help!