Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Old Wed, April 21st, 2010, 12:04 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Dave,

Can you chat for a minute?

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, April 21st, 2010, 12:12 AM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

Sure......Gameroom?
Old Wed, April 21st, 2010, 12:35 PM
BROKE

Thanks for you help Bill!

Things are MUCH better now.
Old Wed, April 21st, 2010, 12:54 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Glad I could help. Sometimes you just need to bounce ideas off someone.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, April 21st, 2010, 02:13 PM
BROKE

True.

I sometimes need to take a step back when things get too deep.
Old Sat, April 24th, 2010, 03:05 AM
BROKE

Bill was spot on.....

I am happy as a clam, or as Bill would say, happy as an oyster.

I FINALLY got this thing working almost perfect. It took alot of reworking and fine tuning of the ICP map, but boy did it make a difference. I also revamped the PW map that resembles the stock one. The truck behaves like it has stock injectors with a 80-100hp tune under 3/4 throttle and is nearly smoke free under hard acceleration. Above 3/4 throttle you better hold on.......... it rips. Scary thing is that I am only asking for about half of the fuel the injectors can deliver.

This tune was designed to be my DD program, with the power of a Hot program while being smoke free. With some light tweaking of shift points it will be perfect.

Now I am off to the Tow program.
Old Sat, April 24th, 2010, 04:08 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Glad to hear it, Dave. I'm really glad that Bill was able to get you where you needed to be.
Old Mon, December 13th, 2010, 11:03 PM
Bacon King

GTS is on a distinguished road

I hate to keep pulling up old threads but I keep reading and the more I read the more questions I have. This being a 4 page thread brings up a lot of tops that bring up even more questions! Here are some of the questions I have reading through this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
Well, in it's stock form, the "adder" becomes a "subtractor" to cut back pulse width at high boost levels. "Defueling" anyone?

It starts cutting .1 (I assume ms) at 14.5 PSI at 1400 RPM.
At max, it cuts .7 ms (again assuming) at 23.2 PSI at 2600 RPM.

Some tuning changes that all to "0" so no fuel subtracting is taking place.
Bill did a live tune on my truck a bit over a year ago. In looking at my "street" tune and my max tunes the street tune has this table all "0ed" out but my extreme tune has this table reducing the PW. This seems backwards to me. Is there a reason Bill would do this?

What did you and Bill discuss that ended up solving your issues? I’m planning on building a similar program to what you are describing. I’m going to take the Street tune Bill wrote for me that is low smoke and try to dial the rest of the smoke out of it while maximizing power.
Old Mon, December 13th, 2010, 11:16 PM
BROKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS View Post

Bill did a live tune on my truck a bit over a year ago. In looking at my "street" tune and my max tunes the street tune has this table all "0ed" out but my extreme tune has this table reducing the PW. This seems backwards to me. Is there a reason Bill would do this?

What did you and Bill discuss that ended up solving your issues? I’m planning on building a similar program to what you are describing. I’m going to take the Street tune Bill wrote for me that is low smoke and try to dial the rest of the smoke out of it while maximizing power.
Maybe that was just his way of cleaning up the top end a bit.

The biggest improvement I made to help control the smoke was all in the ICP map. I needed to ramp up pressures much faster, and it worked VERY well. But, if you decide to do this, drop your base SOI map down a few degrees in the lower MFD range. Also, dont get crazy right off the bat with this, work your way up to it, too much - too soon can cause some drive ability issues.
Old Tue, December 14th, 2010, 01:00 AM
Bacon King

GTS is on a distinguished road

Cool, thanks for the input.

On the ICP/PW front I was thinking if I had it set at what ever ICP and PW I needed to get the idle I want I would start there. As I give throttle input have the PW raise first up to the desired max PW, say 2.5 or 3ms. Then from there just have the ICP do all the up and down to make the desired power. That way I'm always as peak ICP for the power level I'm looking for.

I don't know if that's a good way to go about it or not. Am I off base here? Or on the right track?