Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Closed Thread

Old Fri, February 13th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light
Default WILL WORK FOR FOOD

Bill's on the phone right now (no phone calls on Fridays, right? ) Anyway, he's on the phone with a customer who (from what I have gathered throughout the week) managed to somehow disable one of his trucks. I'm not really sure of the whole story, and I'm sure he thought he was doing the right thing, so I don't want to imply that he did anything foolish.

Bill's talked with him several times this week, and with the time he's spending on the phone with him trying to recover his vehicle, I'd say that he's spent at least a few hours helping this customer.

He asked us the other day how much we would be charging him. "Nothing," Bill told him. I guess our customer kind of insisted on paying us something (it's pretty cool that he realizes that Bill's time is valuable) because I kept hearing Bill tell him, "Really, nothing," so (knowing that he's a pecan farmer), I chimed in with, "How 'bout some pecans?!?" So now this wonderful man is trading a few hours of Bill's time for a case of pecans. He's tickled -- as are we.

<--Our New Logo

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019

Last edited by Corey Cohron RIP; Fri, February 13th, 2009 at 08:14 PM.
Old Fri, February 13th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Googlemiester

seeleyra is on a distinguished road

That is awesome! Paying is great, but you can't complain about bartering!
Old Fri, February 13th, 2009, 07:57 PM
working for parts.....

Northern Supercrew is on a distinguished road

HAHA...that's great..the barter system always works. And it's great to see that there's still people out there willing to recognize that another person's time is worth something..Humanity is not dead.
Old Fri, February 13th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

We've been working with a shop nearby to barter programmers for replacing the transmission on my Caravan (license plate says COREYVN ). (Poor baby doesn't even get driven since we got the Expy!)

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Fri, February 13th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Anybody a cattle rancher? A butcher? A few Ribeyes or a couple of NY Strips would NOT hurt our feelings.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Fri, February 13th, 2009, 10:26 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

04FX4 is on a distinguished road
OMG I am so sorry Corey and Bill I did not realize you do not want calls on Friday. I also called Bill.
Old Fri, February 13th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04FX4 View Post
OMG I am so sorry Corey and Bill I did not realize you do not want calls on Friday. I also called Bill.
No worries! We had the option of picking up the phone or letting the machine handle it. We've been "closed to phone calls" on Fridays for at least six months. We just always seem to answer the phone because we know someone needs something. It's totally okay. Really. It's 11:45PM, and Bill is on the phone with a Minotaur customer. It never ends!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019

Last edited by Corey Cohron RIP; Fri, February 13th, 2009 at 10:48 PM. Reason: I was wrong.
Old Sat, February 14th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Sex alleviates tension

average-joe is on a distinguished road

The Barter system is up and running,i can send you 4 large faggots and peas for some t-shirts?........what you say?

Quality means doing it right when no one is looking.
Old Sun, February 15th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Okay, so after we did a little internet search and discovered that you were offering me meatballs and peas (Everyone was wondering, weren't you? C'mon, admit it...), I'd have to wonder how they might make their way to Georgia.

I just ordered 26 knishes from Long Island, but I KNOW how they're getting here...

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Closed Thread