Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 1997 to 2003 F-150

1997 to 2003 F-150 4.2L, 4.6L, and 5.4L equipped F-150s

Old Fri, April 23rd, 2010, 10:01 AM
Whopper Junior

2low2go is on a distinguished road
Default New Guy

hello everyone!

i'm new to the board... i have a 1997 F-150 with a 4.6L 281 auto... i have a 2005 Mustang GT that i have modded and it is now a street/drag car and i don't feel comfortable driving daily... plus i don't wanna put exsessive wear on some expensive parts... i have to drive 30 miles one way to work, joys of living in MS but i couldn't live anywhere else... i have a X3 on my car and had a friend with an X2 and he liked my X3 on my mustang so he bought a X3 and sold me his X2 for my truck... i need to get a little better gas mileage out of it... i just did the basic tune up of cleaning the EGR, new O2's, air filter, spak plugs, plug wires, and cleaning the MAF... its getting around 17.5/18.0 average... not sure about in town because most driving i do is at 55/60 on the hwy... i have a few questions... can PHP write a tune a SCT X2? i need a tune for fuel mileage, but also like performance (A LOT)... i did the gotts mod that i got from F-150 online forums, i'm a member on there too.... can ya'll tune for this too? i also have to tow my car when i break something... haven't had to yet but its coming i can assure you... i read that a tune for gas mileage may only increase mileage .5 MPG over a performance tune and if that is the case then i will go with the performance tune... so can ya'll email me a tune for performance/gas mileage?

edit: forgot to say that the X2 that i have is at SCT being unlocked and having the firmware updated... the car it came from was wrecked and the fuse box was busted pretty bad... couldn't get it to power the computer up...

Last edited by 2low2go; Fri, April 23rd, 2010 at 10:58 AM.