Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Fri, February 24th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Jonesy88

jonsy88 is on a distinguished road
Default BAD PCM?

So i tried to install a phoenix chip last night, i took pcm out cleaned connecter reinstalled and no start or wts light, long story short i just installed a pcm out of a buddys truck and my truck fires right up, my pcm code is NVK5, wondering what and where to buy a new one or what i should do? Any help will be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!
Old Fri, February 24th, 2012, 04:59 PM
God & Guns

rammertide07 is on a distinguished road

Have you tried starting without the chip.

My job is a sewing mechanic. Sometimes they start acting weird. Most machines are controlled by electronic computers. As process of elemination we will swap the computer with another machine. On a rare occasions, the computer that did not work on another machine would work on the other. So maybe try the pcm on your friends truck. Im doubtful it works but then you can say you tried everything first.

You could find a pcm on ebay, make sure the seller has a good record and a return policy. Also somebody might have one for sale on the forums. I see guys parting trucls out all the time.
01 F350 7.3 4x4 CC SRW/3.73/315-75-16/Aeroforce Interceptor/BD Thruster II/ Bellowed Up-Pipes/4" turbo back exhaust/CCV Mod/DIY 6637/FPR Shimmed to 65 PSI/TS chip reburned with PHP tunes (Stock, 40T WITH Whsiper tune, 80DD, 100R, 140Ex, 140SS)/Replaced and Cleaned EBPS & Tube 4-6-12/Zoodad mod/Recon smoked cab lights/MM Hubs/Cowl Hood/HPx
Old Mon, February 27th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Jonesy88

jonsy88 is on a distinguished road

Yeah I tried the pcm off of my buddys truck and mine runs fine with it. Maybe somebody will reply on here that has one or has had the same problem with some info. If i had to buy a new one I was hoping someone would chime in and let me know what all would work for my truck.