Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 1997 to 2003 F-150

1997 to 2003 F-150 4.2L, 4.6L, and 5.4L equipped F-150s

Old Mon, April 16th, 2012, 08:32 PM
_________

Dsouthtexas is on a distinguished road
Default Lean codes after custom tune?

I wanted to know if its normal to get lean codes after loading a custom 87 performance tune. It drives great with the tune but after a couple of days i got two trouble codes stating that its running lean on bank 1 and 2.

Thanks,

Luis
Old Mon, April 16th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

No that isn't normal, Does it happen with every tune? and did it happen before the tune was loaded?
Old Tue, April 17th, 2012, 10:53 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticopowell View Post
No that isn't normal, Does it happen with every tune? and did it happen before the tune was loaded?
X2, no that isn't normal.

I'll leave Cody a note to see if he can check your tunes.
Old Tue, April 17th, 2012, 11:25 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Oh goody. A CS.

We know where this is going........

Holy cow. Those were done on 11/6/11.

I'll add some more fuel and hope that Bill gets the calibration on Fusion before Edge screws something else up.

You'll have to return to stock and "update" (man, I LOVE that word) before Bill can upload to Fusion.

EDIT:

I don't see where the CS files were even compiled. Are you sure you are running an 87 Perf. calibration? Do you have a PHP splash screen (picture of a Phoenix)? I won't touch anything until I know whether or not you're still running the stock Evolution programming.
Old Wed, April 18th, 2012, 07:33 PM
_________

This never happened with the regular tunes that came with the cs, and i know i downloaded the calibration because i updated it and in the description it said "F150 - custom options" i had that tune in place of the tow tune. When i programmed my truck with the new tune i felt it run better than the canned tow tune that was in place before. Right now i programmed it back to stock, and the expected ship date was 11/10/11, but i didn't get to download the tune until around march.

My invoice # 5215
Old Wed, April 18th, 2012, 07:44 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

If you don't get a Power Hungry Performance start-up screen, you do not have the custom tune in your programmer.
Old Wed, April 18th, 2012, 07:53 PM
_________

Even if its not a CS from php? I dont know what calibration i downloaded then. Because if its not the tune then ive been waiting 5 months already for just one tune that i ordered.
Old Thu, April 19th, 2012, 06:53 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsouthtexas View Post
Even if its not a CS from php? I dont know what calibration i downloaded then. Because if its not the tune then ive been waiting 5 months already for just one tune that i ordered.

All of the CS/CTS programmers are Edge Evolutions until you have custom tunes made and downloaded to the programmer.

Email bill@phptune.com and USE A DESCRIPTIVE SUBJECT LINE regarding your custom file. He's the only one that can target calibrations on Fusion for your programmer.