Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Sat, January 7th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Whopper

countryraised is on a distinguished road
Default Injector options before or after D66

First I do alot of towing very little hot rodding. I am think about going with SRP/adrenaline HPOP, then I need to decide tubo first or injectors first? Cody Bill your opinions on this?- towing 1st-fun 2nd-

Also I've been looking at Rosewood's injectors and want your input since I would need you to retune my chip.
What's your thoughts on these choices I want to be able to put down good power while towing but don't need to be stupid.....
go with the 160/800; or the 200/30; or maybe but unlikely the 140/80 splits?
Old Sun, January 8th, 2012, 12:16 AM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

I would go with a set of Stage 1's if I was strictly towing. You will get a mild increase in power, and maintain the ability to tow heavy without any big issues.
Old Mon, February 6th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Whopper

Shake-N-Bake is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryraised View Post
First I do alot of towing very little hot rodding. I am think about going with SRP/adrenaline HPOP, then I need to decide tubo first or injectors first? Cody Bill your opinions on this?- towing 1st-fun 2nd-

Also I've been looking at Rosewood's injectors and want your input since I would need you to retune my chip.
What's your thoughts on these choices I want to be able to put down good power while towing but don't need to be stupid.....
go with the 160/800; or the 200/30; or maybe but unlikely the 140/80 splits?
I am curious what you decided and your results. I am getting ready to send my injectors to Rosewood and order a Phoenix chip for my F450 and can't decide between stock split shots or 140/80 splits. For sure I want new nozzles so that will happen regardless. Obviously I am not going for lots of power either....towing will be my main focus with this truck. I'd like a good pulling truck with a mild assortment of towing tunes so I can tow at 26k gross over a variety of terrain.