Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 1988 to 1996 F-150

1988 to 1996 F-150 The earlier OBD-I F-150 including the 4.9L, 5.0L, 5.8L, and 460 engines.

Old Thu, June 30th, 2022, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator

PHP Ward is on a distinguished road
Default New to me 1995 F150

My wife and I have a lot of family in a small Georgia town a few hours away from where we live. We go to visit them a lot, and we usually take my wife's car due to it being a small suv that gets good gas mileage. That means that when we get home, I'm without a means to get around; so I started looking for some cheap transportation that I could leave at my folk's farm and use when I'm in town.

In a mercurial turn of events, one of my parent's neighbors passed away and his 1995 tourmaline green 4wd F150 got pushed out by the road. $1500 later I was in possession of a complete and decently straight truck. It technically didn't run, but the price was right and it was only a couple hundred feet away from dad's shop, so I figured it was worth the gamble.

We drained the fuel and found a bunch of water. Fresh gas and a new fuel filter later and we had a truck that was running and idling about as good as a 213k mile Ford from the nineties does. A set of spark plugs, a handful of vacuum lines, and a brake booster later, we've got a running and driving errand machine. It's pretty down on power, but I don't think the 5.8 was ever a rocket ship.

The only chores the truck has endured so far are hauling floats over to the swimming poor and shuttling beers down to the pond, but it does those quite well. Thanks for anyone who indulged my story time, but I know I'm not alone in always convincing myself there's room in the stable for another project.

Pics of a stock F150 for your enjoyment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg green f150 3.jpg (1.38 MB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg green f150 5.jpg (309.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg green f150.jpg (1.41 MB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg green f150 2.jpg (1.23 MB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg green f150 4.jpg (1.48 MB, 4 views)
Old Fri, July 1st, 2022, 10:41 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Very fun pics. Love the floaties.

Now you just need to get your Camaro up here so we can get that bad boy back on the road!

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!