Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > 6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming

6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming Power Hungry Performance 6.0L FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module) programming has been
the industry standard for in FICM modification almost 10 years.

If you have questions or would like more information about the benefits, please post here.

Old Wed, October 20th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Whopper

ricearoni1024 is on a distinguished road
Question FICM tuning???

Hi I am new to this forum I have done a lot of reading on the ficm tuning and am very interested first question I have is where do you find your ficm strategy? Also saw some posts that said you should get the ecm done too if your doing your ficm?

what does a ecm tune offer? And is that neccessary if I am running custom sct tunes already?

Also can the cold start programming be done with the remote programming? because I live in colorado and it can get pretty cold.

Thanks for the help and sorry about all the questions!
Old Fri, October 22nd, 2010, 10:26 PM
Spark Plug Inhibited

Jeremy is on a distinguished road

First off Welcome to the PHP forum!

If you have'nt been swapping ficms around from truck to truck, your PCM code will tell us what FICM tune you have.

You do not have to get the PCM/ECM flashed back if your happy with your current program and SCT tunes. There are a few advantages to going back but most of them are for the 03 and 04 trucks. However, the mileage and power is'nt so great on all the later flashes, so most people opt to go back. Its a option but not required.

The remote ficm tuning can be done to include the hybrid heat inductive flash to aide in your cold starts.

hope this helps

Last edited by Jeremy; Sat, October 23rd, 2010 at 04:36 PM.
Old Sun, October 24th, 2010, 05:47 PM
Whopper

ricearoni1024 is on a distinguished road

it most certainly does! Thanks I really appriciate the help! Okay so if i plug in my sct tuner that will give the strategy that php needs?
Old Sun, October 24th, 2010, 07:41 PM
Spark Plug Inhibited

Jeremy is on a distinguished road

Yep supply them with the .hex code(both of them) that SCT provides.
Old Thu, November 18th, 2010, 12:42 AM
Whopper Junior

Brinker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
First off Welcome to the PHP forum!

If you have'nt been swapping ficms around from truck to truck, your PCM code will tell us what FICM tune you have.

You do not have to get the PCM/ECM flashed back if your happy with your current program and SCT tunes. There are a few advantages to going back but most of them are for the 03 and 04 trucks. However, the mileage and power is'nt so great on all the later flashes, so most people opt to go back. Its a option but not required.

The remote ficm tuning can be done to include the hybrid heat inductive flash to aide in your cold starts.

hope this helps
Say i pick up a extra FICM to have tuned how would i know what code it has? Im going to be getting a extra one to have it sent out but im trying to figure out exacly what they need to know and how it all works.