Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Tue, April 7th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Whopper

TJ05FX4 is on a distinguished road
Default Bought a Used Gryphon...Now What?

I just picked up a used Gryphon from a member on F150online and should have it in the next week or so. He didn't have any custom tunes on it, but I need to know what I need to do to get some custom tunes ordered from you guys. I will probably just do one 87 Performance for now as I don't really tow anything and I do almost all city and highway driving.

I did have this truck tuned previously and remember Bill saying there was a way to return the truck to stock via the Gryphon if I remember right. I sure hope that is still possible

I only have a S&B Intake and Roush Off road exhaust but need the tire size adjustability, etc with this one.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks and I look forward to doing business with you soon.

Trent
Old Tue, April 7th, 2009, 04:44 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Getting custom tunes is simple - you'll just fill out the order form!

I'm certain Bill can return your truck to stock. I think he's done it on several others when people have altered the firmware/calibrations in the Gryphon without returning their trucks to stock first.

Hopefully, they'll say something here that will help you out.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Tue, April 7th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Whopper

Thanks for the info. If it helps at all it was programmed with HP Tuners and had transmission shifts modified, speed limiters and rev limiters changed, and of course adjusted for the larger tires. Also slightly richened up for the S&B Intake.

I was hoping I could just get it returned to stock before doing the Gryphon.

Thanks
Old Thu, April 9th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Whopper

I really don't want to just fill out the form and send it in. I would really like to talk with someone at PHP ahead of time. My calls don't get answered, so I was hoping they might answer here.

Anybody from PHP please?
Old Thu, April 9th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

TJ, I'll have to get Bill in on this one.

I know people are trying to get ahold of us on the phone, but for as many people as we talk to in one day, it seems strange that some still aren't getting us. Yesterday, if I was on the phone and the line forwarded to voicemail on Line 2, I was able to call those people back when I finished with my other customer. I think I only have one or two that I missed.

TJ, I'll ask Bill to answer your question when he gets up about turning your Gryphon back to stock. He only went to bed about 5:30 or so (the good news is that he finished 11 customers' tunes!). Me? It doesn't happen often, but I've gotten less sleep than him! Allergies and asthma don't mix well, and of the past 30 hours, I've only slept ONE. Literally. And it was not even a one-hour-slept-straight-through.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Thu, April 9th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Whopper

Thank you for answering Corey. I would appreciate finding that out before I commit to ordering the tunes.

I know I'll have to get you my Hex code and all that, so I just assume I'll have to plug in the Gryphon and get that to you to get the process started for the custom tunes right?

No huge hurry just want to get the process started
Old Sun, April 12th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Whopper

I've now tried calling 5 additional times and still have yet to get through to anyone and am still waiting on an answer to this. Can someone please chime in on this?

Thank you