Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Closed Thread

Old Sat, March 19th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough
Default I'm baa-aack! (with pics)

Just got back from a family trip to Lake Texana. Lost internet one day before I planned so I pretty much dropped off the face of the earth. Fun trip even though I didn't catch anything but did get some pictures.

Most of the pictures of wildlife were from the kayak. I wish I had gotten pics of my mountain bike but I was having too much fun testing out the new tires. Nothin' like bogging through so much mud both the front and back tires get locked to the forks. I dont think I've ever got that much mud on my truck!

But here are some of the pictures...

^I thought these two just looked really cool, click to see the 640x480 size

Moonlight on the water

An actual sunset picture

These birds always crack me up

Ninja birds!!!!

Yeah, I know, this one needs some explaining.

So I was entering a cove to do some catfishin' when I saw a new salt water grade float rig...being a cheapskate I never leave free gear for someone else so I started paddling up to it. When I was about 20 feet away I saw it get pulled underwater like there was a carp on it. So to keep from spooking it I lined up and just floated to it. Before it rushed under my kayak I reached down and grabbed it expecting a good yank. I felt a feeble tug when I grabbed it so I just lifted it up. Then I saw a 12 inch scaly tail...oh great, this'll be interesting, and it was. Attached to the scaly tail was a juvenile alligator who did not want to hop in my boat. I tried to use pliers to get the hook out of its foot but the barb was set. I ended up just cutting the fishing line leader so the hook would rust out. Oh well, I figured JUST a hook was better than an entire float rig.
Old Sat, March 19th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Stock Sucks!

TwinTurbo is on a distinguished road

great pics!! thanks for sharing, how was the?

'95 F-250 Powerstroke, 350,000 Miles, Mods: Phoenix chip, 140V IDM, Diamond Eye DP to 4" straight pipe, CCV mod, Amsoil synthetics throughout.
'04 F-350, XLT Lariat, Powerstroke, CC, Dually, SS exhaust, AirRaid intake and filter, Edge Evolution, PHP FICM programmer.
Old Sat, March 19th, 2011, 11:07 PM
Forum Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurbo View Post
great pics!! thanks for sharing, how was the?
Not good, I didn't catch anything. My dad got two legal catfish and my brother got one little one. Gonna hit the river tomorrow morning with some friends and we're gonna fish most of the day. The river is clear enough that if they dont bite I can jump in with my spear and shoot them myself.
Old Sun, March 20th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

cj45lc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot270 View Post
Not good, I didn't catch anything. My dad got two legal catfish and my brother got one little one. Gonna hit the river tomorrow morning with some friends and we're gonna fish most of the day. The river is clear enough that if they dont bite I can jump in with my spear and shoot them myself.
I hope that doggone river is clear enough for you to see them gators...lol
the way I see it them gators could have them dam catfish if they won't bite, see any snakes? just asking cause I'm scared of only two kinds of snakes...big ones & little ones

Nice pics
Old Sun, March 20th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Forum Predator

We dont have alligators in the river where I live. We don't even have alligator gar but we do have tons of turtles and snakes. Went fishing today and I caught one bass...while everyone I was with was catching something every 10-20 minutes. This was after a 13 pound carp broke my spear and ran off with $10 in equipment stuck in its gill plate.
Old Sun, March 20th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

cj45lc is on a distinguished road

Well at least you didn't get skunked, better luck next time
Old Sun, March 20th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Forum Predator

Yeah just got back from walmart getting groceries. Some how a 6 foot ugly stick found its way into my basket. I'll use this new one for my heavy reel and keep using my older one for my fly reel. Next time I'll be ready for every sized fish at the same time.
Old Tue, March 22nd, 2011, 12:06 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Looks like fun....

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Tue, March 22nd, 2011, 05:04 PM
Baconator

BlackSTX is on a distinguished road

Some cool pics, just watch out for the gators!

Current mods: AEM Bruteforce CAI, Magnaflow SI/DO, Gryphon-87 & 93 tunes, Harley head lamps, tinted windows, lower grille filler, and FX2 lower valance.
Closed Thread