Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Closed Thread

Old Fri, November 19th, 2010, 12:30 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all
Default Walkin' 'round in women's underwear.....

I mean WINTER WONDERLAND!!

18 degrees outside and it finally SNOWED!

I got called out to plow snow this morning at 5:30 and spent 4.5 hours plowing a good bit of "the white stuff". It's been darn cold the past few weeks so it's about time we have a REASON for it to be cold.
Old Fri, November 19th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Tuner novice

F-127 is on a distinguished road

Plowing with a plow truck? Or just a pickup plow?

I've only plowed a few times with my brother's pickup plow. He plows with a plow truck for a local township when the normal guy takes a vacation down south. I'm thinking its going on 3 years now, but the time during that vacation has always had some sort of snow storm.
Old Fri, November 19th, 2010, 01:57 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Today was the 4-wheeler and shovel; just getting close to curbs and doing sidewalks so the actual owner of the equipment (driving the Bronco-mounted plow) can get the big areas out of the way.

He and his wife usually do the plowing, but she's going to be "calfin'-out" in February and doesn't want to be outside.

He's got quite a few accounts in town here....10 or 11 of them...so he makes really good money during the snow season.
Old Fri, November 19th, 2010, 04:06 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Dang......

Just keep it over there until a few days before Christmas!

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Fri, November 19th, 2010, 04:28 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Ah, what is this "snow" thing you both are talking about? Is it kind of like a "fungus" that appears in the cooler months? I don't think we have anything like that here.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Fri, November 19th, 2010, 11:35 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Ah, what is this "snow" thing you both are talking about? Is it kind of like a "fungus" that appears in the cooler months? I don't think we have anything like that here.

- Jack
Yeah, that is what I'm wondering. Maybe they are just drinking their party eggnog early and are seeing things. A "WINTER WONDERLAND" sounds like a drink.
Old Sat, November 20th, 2010, 06:38 PM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

I LOVE to plow snow, its addicting!

So far this year there has been pretty decent snowfall, and it hasn't been to cold yet either.
Old Sat, November 20th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Forum Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907dave View Post
I LOVE to plow snow, its addicting!

So far this year there has been pretty decent snowfall, and it hasn't been to cold yet either.
Ok, now I KNOW there is something wrong with the air up there.
Old Sun, November 21st, 2010, 05:47 PM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot270 View Post
Ok, now I KNOW there is something wrong with the air up there.
Maybe.........

Or maybe its the way the engine labors when the snow is curling off the top of the blade.

Or maybe it is the sound the snow makes as it scrapes along the bottom of the cab when things get deep.

Or maybe it the way you set up a "snow lane" for those long strait pushes to your pile.

Or maybe its the pride you take in your technique/ strategy to get snow cleared out of a tight area.

Or maybe its the sound of a strait piped 350 as it tachs out as you begin to loose speed.

Or maybe its the way the snow mists after a big push into the pile.

Or maybe its the challenge of seeing how high you can get your snow pile.

Maybe it is in the air, the cool, crisp clean air as it wisps throughout the cab when the windows are cracked open a bit.

Old Sun, November 21st, 2010, 05:55 PM
Forum Predator

Hmmm, good points...but I think your still crazy, just not as much as before. We only get snow for about 5 minutes a year.

It is just that 2 days of ice that is dangerous.