Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > The Starting Point > Latest News

Latest News Stay up to date with what's going on.

Closed Thread

Old Mon, March 9th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light
Default Introducing the F.U. Chip for the 7.3L PSD

Do you have a stock or mildly modified* 7.3L Diesel?
We offer 18 calibrations for your truck.
How can you choose just six?
Now you don't have to!

Power Hungry Performance is proud to announce the release of our newest product:
the F.U. Chip
(that's Free Updates)
on March 30, 2009!

For only $495, you will receive a blank 6-position chip and a chip burner, but that's just the beginning! You will also have unlimited access to all 18 PHP calibrations available for your truck -- all the funky calibrations as well as all the performance levels. You can update your chip FOR FREE as many times as you'd like.

Not only can you try every single file we have... you can also customize your chip as often as you want. Going on a long trip cross country? Great! Download Fuel-Sipper™, Anti-Theft, Stock, 80hp, 100hp, and 120hp off our server. Towing a boat through the mountains? Super! Dump the 100hp and 120hp and reburn the 25hp and 40hp tunes onto your chip. Thought you'd use SmokeShow™ but realize that you haven't touched it in six months? No problem! Reprogram another calibration onto that level.

This product will also be ideal for customers who plan on adding injectors or other heavy mods sometime down the road. You can contact us, Bill can write your custom files (currently $30 each), and you'll be able to download them right off our server.

There will NEVER be a need to send your chip back to us for reprogramming!

• Anti-Theft Calibration (NO CHARGE FOR THIS FILE)
  • Stock Calibration - Vehicle's factory calibration -- useful for emissions testing or for diagnostic purposes (NO CHARGE FOR THIS FILE)
  • Valet Mode - Keeps the kids (or anyone else!) well in check by lowering the speed limiter (20, 30, and 40mph available)
  • Power Calibrations - On diesel vehicles, we offer 25HP, 40HP, 65HP, 80HP, 100HP, 120HP & 140HP levels. Please note that our 80HP - 140HP calibrations are programmed to eliminate any Overboost, Injection Control Pressure, or Exhaust Back Pessure diagnostic trouble codes under normal driving conditions (THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR THIS MODIFICATION)
  • High Idle - Ideal for PTO operation or for faster warm-ups (1,000, 1,100, and 1,200 rpm available)
  • Fuel-Sipper™ - Gains of 2 to 4 MPG help fight unpredictable fuel costs
  • Whisper Mode™ - Now you can hit the drive-thru and place your orders or do your banking at the window without having to turn off your truck
  • SmokeShow™ - Large quantities of low-boost fueling to create big clouds of smoke
* Mild modifications include Oversized Intercoolers, Exhaust Brakes, Downpipes, Full Return Fuel System Mods, Turbo Housing Mods (for stock Turbos), and Cold Air Intake Kits

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019

Last edited by Corey Cohron RIP; Mon, March 9th, 2009 at 11:59 PM.
Old Mon, March 9th, 2009, 11:37 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Well, shucks! Why can't you offer something like this for us folks who drive things powered by gasoline?

(You know I'm only yanking your chain, Corey, nice announcement - but I have to say, when I first looked at it and saw, "F. U. Chip", my twisted mind said, "F*ck Y*u Chip". Sorry, that's just the way this dirty old man's mind works. :o :o

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Tue, March 10th, 2009, 01:00 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

I can't wait to sit back and down a few with ya, Old Man! You just crack me up!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Tue, March 10th, 2009, 01:03 AM
Bacon King

bbbxcursion is on a distinguished road

Are you comin down to AZ????
Old Tue, March 10th, 2009, 01:50 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Heck, if there was enough interest, we'd go anywhere for live tuning (we love the travelling part, and we don't normally get to meet our customers, so it's pretty cool!). Going to Arizona would just be a bonus, though!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Tue, March 10th, 2009, 05:33 AM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Well, shucks! Why can't you offer something like this for us folks who drive things powered by gasoline?

(You know I'm only yanking your chain, Corey, nice announcement - but I have to say, when I first looked at it and saw, "F. U. Chip", my twisted mind said, "F*ck Y*u Chip". Sorry, that's just the way this dirty old man's mind works. :o :o

- Jack

I thought the same thing. Maybe it would be better not to abbreviate this particular product? stick with Free Updates Chip
Projects. 1970's Hustler and Max II Amphibious ATV's
Old Tue, March 10th, 2009, 06:25 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Glad you guys see the humor! The whole idea for the name came from a discussion Billy and I had last winter when we were pricing a 26' rental truck to pick up some furniture from his mom's house in Boca Raton, FL. The cost to drive down there, rent a truck, and drive both vehicles back to northern Georgia was ludicrous! -- and we started ranting about the fuel companies.

That eventually lead to the slogan "Say F** You to the Rising Fuel Costs" (at the time, they were still rising!) and "Give the Finger to Rising Fuel Costs," and the more we played with the idea and different phrasing, the more we cracked ourselves up. (Some got really vulgar and albeit funny, they were way too inappropriate...)

We kind of let it go for awhile until we recently came up with the idea for a chip with unlimited updates. We were originally going to call it the U.A. Chip until we figured out a way to sneak the F.U. in again. We were glad to finally have a product to be able to use the name, and the whole tongue-in-cheek nature of it still makes us laugh!

At one point, we even considered the Bite Me Chip, but we couldn't get anything to fit with the B and the M. It also would have made it the B.M. Chip, which is certainly memorable -- but not for the right reasons!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Tue, March 10th, 2009, 06:36 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

And for those of you who are wondering (I already got a message this morning!), the answer is yes. If you've already purchased a Phoenix™ Multi-position module from us and did not need custom tunes, you will be able to upgrade to the F.U. Chip for just the difference in cost. Shoot us an e-mail if you have any questions!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Tue, March 10th, 2009, 08:12 AM
Whopper

tim @ p.i.s. is on a distinguished road

Corey, this is great news. I'm guessing the 30th will be when the sever comes online??
Old Tue, March 10th, 2009, 08:34 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Yah, I am just as sick and twisted in my thinking too!

Have to admit got my curiosity.

Nice post!!!

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Closed Thread