Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Wed, August 3rd, 2011, 08:12 AM
Whopper Junior

chizetown is on a distinguished road
Question 04 PSD 6.0 with 2003 Motor

I am a complete n00b when it comes to diesel trucks, but have learned a fair amount since I bought mine back in April of 2010. With that in mind I need to ask some questions and hopefully you guys/gals can help.

First off a little background on my truck and the purpose. Truck was bought used with 96K miles, now has 103K. Truck is used 95% of the time hauling my toyhauler (25 feet) with a dry weight of 6K. The other 5% is used driving around town empty with no load. This past December I did an EGR delete and straight piped the exhaust (removed cat and muffler, 3.5"). Everything else is stock.

When I first got the truck it was a beast hauling my camper and it did really really well. I had zero issues driving the truck or starting hot or cold. I decided to have my local Ford dealership delete the EGR system and replace the oil cooler as a preventive measure; and my problem began. When they did the delete they also upgraded the software on my truck to latest and greatest not sure what version it had or what it has now. But what I do know is that my truck is a dog now when taking off from a stop and it doesn't seem to pull the camper as well either. MPG is really only checked when hauling and it went from around 13.5 to 11 after the delete and flash.

So my question now becomes what can PHP do for me as far as getting the best program on the truck for the FICM and ECM? I would really like to have my power back from a stop since right now I think the way it operates is dangerous and I would like that power back when hauling my camper.

Do I have to do both the FICM and ECM at same time?
Is it only necessary to do one of the two?
I only have a SCANGAUGE II, so how can I check the strategies?
I can send my FICM/ECM in, how does it take to get back?
What ECM tune would be best for my truck and be safe for the stock TTY bolts? (Was thinking about 65HP Moderate tow tune)

Sorry for the long post and probably redundant questions. Thanks.

Last edited by chizetown; Wed, August 3rd, 2011 at 08:47 AM. Reason: speeling
Old Thu, August 4th, 2011, 08:42 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Answered in chat yesterday.