Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 2008 to 2010 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel

2008 to 2010 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty

Old Mon, July 13th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Double Whopper

jfuller5 will become famous soon enough
Default 6.4l Fuel Mileage Per Gallon

I am thinking about going to 2009 F350 Super duty SRW Crew cab with 3:55 or 3:73 gears, What MPG are you guys getting with this set up and also what mpg improvement can be expected with a Gryphon. Thanks in advance , Jim
Old Sun, September 20th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Big J

jasfaa is on a distinguished road

I get 12 to 13 on stock and with the Gryphon I get just about 18 set on level 4. I have to clarify though that I have 37" tires and I know the speedo is off and I am getting better both on the stock and chipped MPG's.

Where I notice the most difference though is when I tow. Mileage does not improve as much as when it is empty but it sure helps out on regens and tranny temps. Regen'd three times on one tank of gas over labor day weekend on stock. With the Gryphon it would have been one regen over two tanks of fuel.
Old Mon, October 5th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Double Whopper

jasfaa, overall how satisfied are you with the 6.4 l tuner? Doesnt seem to be too many guys on the forum who are using it. I dont think i will go DPF delete but would like to improve MPG and less regen, Would you purchase it agin if you had the choice? Thanks in advance.
Old Mon, October 5th, 2009, 11:27 PM
Big J

jasfaa is on a distinguished road

The only part I have not liked is the tranny piece but I am still unsure if it is Ford or the tuner since Ford keeps having updates to the tranny program. It is the only gripe I have had in the past. The problem has not happened again since the latest flash.

I am doing the DPF delete once my truck gets around 75,000 miles on it. I just don't have the luxury of a dealer to take it too in the event of an issue and I don't want to keep putting the DPF back on for service.

I would buy it again because of the people. I have never been a fan in the past of the Edge unit which the Gryphon is based on. The custom tunes Bill puts on this thing as well as the personal support is why I chose this. I like doing business with the person making the changes to my truck. I had Banks before and they are so automated that when you call your automatically routed to your regions sales rep. Not much personal service there. Hope this helps.
Old Tue, October 6th, 2009, 06:34 AM
Double Whopper

Thanks , you are right that means alot about customer service. Great to be able to speak to "The Man".