Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > Super Duty & Excursion (Gasoline)

Super Duty & Excursion (Gasoline) 5.4L & 6.8L equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Wed, July 15th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Whopper Junior

hwm3 is on a distinguished road
Default 2008 6.8L V10

Hey guys. Do you have anything available for the 6.8L V10?
Old Fri, July 17th, 2009, 12:54 AM
Farmer

chester8420 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwm3 View Post
Hey guys. Do you have anything available for the 6.8L V10?
I was wondering the same thing....
Old Tue, July 28th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the PM, chester8420. We totally missed this post! It actually gave me a good opportunity to learn a bit.

We are SCT dealers and can offer the SCT SF3 programmer (with canned tunes at $399) or an X3 programmer with custom tunes for $379 (and each custom tune would be $30). Quite honestly, you can purchase the X3 or SF3 from VMP Tuning for less than we charge. Justin orders a lot more from SCT than we do, and he gets a much bigger discount. :o

Of course, if you order custom tunes, you'd also be getting his tunes, so it would be something to consider. For what it's worth, I've only heard good things about Justin's tuning.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Tue, July 28th, 2009, 08:51 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Chester! I remember this question from f150Online. Can you see why we think PHP is cool? Where else would you expect to get an immediate referral to someone else, when PHP sells the product they are telling you about?

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Tue, July 28th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Farmer

I already have an edge evolution, and I was wondering if you offer anything on the gryphon side... It hooks up and monitors the 2003 V10 that I am buying, but I don't think it will program it. At least I haven't tried... Sorry I've been vague, I'm kinda tired. I'll just call you sometime and talk to ya about it.

Thanks for the reply btw...
Old Wed, July 29th, 2009, 12:47 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

The Evolution/Gryphon will work fine (after tuning) on a 2003 V10, but not a 2008 V10. Please clarify which vehicle you have as one says 2008 and on says 2003. I just want to make sure we're all on the same page.

Thanks.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, July 29th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Farmer

I'm sorry I didn't read the title of the thread very good. The first poster has a 2008 V10. My truck is a 2003.

I already have an Edge Evolution for the '97-'03 F-150. I was one of Edge Product's Beta testers for the evolution when it came out. I tested it with my 1997 F-150.

I don't know if you heard about it or not, but there were a handfull of us that had these programmers before they hit the market. We were supposed to report to Rob Story about any problems we had.

Anyway, Thanks for the response. My "new" truck was supposed to be here last week, but I guess it fell off the car-carrier on its way from California! It's good to hear that you do tuning for the V10.
Old Wed, July 29th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by chester8420 View Post
I'm sorry I didn't read the title of the thread very good. The first poster has a 2008 V10. My truck is a 2003.

I already have an Edge Evolution for the '97-'03 F-150. I was one of Edge Product's Beta testers for the evolution when it came out. I tested it with my 1997 F-150.

I don't know if you heard about it or not, but there were a handfull of us that had these programmers before they hit the market. We were supposed to report to Rob Story about any problems we had.

Anyway, Thanks for the response. My "new" truck was supposed to be here last week, but I guess it fell off the car-carrier on its way from California! It's good to hear that you do tuning for the V10.
Rob's a good friend. For two years, we've been trying to convince him and his wife, Kate, to move closer to us! Bill was the lead engineer on the Evo, so I'm sure the two of you may have bumped into each other via e-mail, phone, or otherwise at some point.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Wed, July 29th, 2009, 06:31 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:

What you may not know is that Rob Story reported to me during Evolution testing. I did all the calibrations and some of the firmware. Rob's a cool guy and we still talk about once a week.

Quote:
That's terrible! I don't know if I'd be like this or like this ! Hopefully the new one will show up soon.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, July 29th, 2009, 10:54 PM
Farmer

Rob is great, but he's almost impossible to get ahold of. He was never at his desk! I found out about you through edge. I called them about an E-85 tune, and they told me that I needed to talk to you. I spoke to you a long time ago, I think it was when you were just getting started in Atlanta.

Speaking of firmware, We had a major problem with the evo when we (beta testers) first got them. They would forget the stock tune if they were unplugged or lost power. It scared a lot of folks, but you guys made it right. I have really enjoyed my evo, and I am excited about getting a gryphon.

Thanks for the replies and the warm welcome. Ya'll get back to work!