Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1994½ to 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1994½ to 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped F-Series and F-Super Duty

Old Sun, November 27th, 2011, 11:54 PM
Whopper

fastlx is on a distinguished road
Default AA's to AB's tuning help!

Hi Bill, I need some tuning. 97 f350 powerstroke, build E4OD, 4x4, adreneline hpop, 6637 filter, mbrp turbo back exhaust, 4.10 gears, new icp ipr and fuel lift pump uvc harness's, edge evo cs and edge ez module. This truck is a 97 federal truck which came with AA injectors. I swapped out the AA's for a set of AB's out of my 96 cali truck. I'm told that I need programing now becuase I installed split shot injectors. I would like some custom tunes for my edge evo cs. I have been chasing a low power on take off issue which is why all these parts have been replaced. still having issue and hope that programing may fix it. manual compression test shows all cylinders are 390-400psi. I have cylinder contribution codes for cylinders 5,6,7. All injectors have new o-rings and injectors 5,6,7 have been replaced and still have contribution code for those cylinders. truck has no power on take off then jumps up and goes at 2k rpm's and above. PCM part number is F7TF-12A650-TB. CODE TDE1. DPC-202. Let me know what ya think, thanks, Ken.
Old Mon, November 28th, 2011, 02:14 AM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

Yep, you are going to need custom tuning with those injectors.

I would ignore all CCT codes and drive ability symptoms until you get the right programming.
Old Mon, November 28th, 2011, 07:19 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastlx View Post
I would like some custom tunes for my edge evo cs. I have been chasing a low power on take off issue which is why all these parts have been replaced. still having issue and hope that programing may fix it. manual compression test shows all cylinders are 390-400psi. truck has no power on take off then jumps up and goes at 2k rpm's and above. PCM part number is F7TF-12A650-TB. CODE TDE1. DPC-202. Let me know what ya think, thanks, Ken.

I don't think tuning will fix your "low power on take-off" problem or the "jumps up and goes at 2k rpm's", but to get the computer to recognize the splits (which aren't going to make a whole lot of difference short of really taxing your high pressure oil pump), you'll have to go here:

https://fs21.formsite.com/Power_Hung...ure_index.html
Old Mon, November 28th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
I don't think tuning will fix your "low power on take-off" problem or the "jumps up and goes at 2k rpm's", but to get the computer to recognize the splits (which aren't going to make a whole lot of difference short of really taxing your high pressure oil pump), you'll have to go here:

https://fs21.formsite.com/Power_Hung...ure_index.html
I just filled out the info for the custom tunes
Old Tue, November 29th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Whopper

how do I get confirmation that Bill or someone is writing my tunes after I filled out the form that cleatus12r so kindly posted for me? I'm new to this forum and was just wondering on average how long it takes after the form has been completely. thanks
Old Tue, November 29th, 2011, 07:51 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

I'm going to use this post as a link since this question is something I constantly have to answer; both here and in emails.

Corey MANUALLY inputs all order form information into quickbooks. The order form is ONLY an order form that Corey uses to get information. There is no automated shopping cart total or "confirmation email" that is sent out because everything is done with human hands.

When your order is processed, Corey will send you an email with an attached invoice for your purchase. Nothing is done with ANY tuning or order shipments prior to order processing. Under normal circumstances, I'd give any order a week before I started worrying about it. However, since Bill and his wife (Corey) are on vacation this week (followed by Corey's surgery next week), I'd probably give it two weeks or so before you hear something.
Old Sun, January 1st, 2012, 07:50 PM
Whopper

Just wondering, any word on when the custom tunes will be ready for me to down load? Thanks.
Old Mon, January 2nd, 2012, 08:38 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

The files have been finished. However, Bill hasn't had a chance to put them on Fusion yet (as far as I can tell).

So.....
Whenever he gets that done, you'll get an email from him.
Old Tue, February 7th, 2012, 12:18 AM
Whopper

Hey whats, just checking in on the status of those tunes if they have been put on the Fusion yet, thanks.
Old Sun, February 26th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Whopper

bump...