Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford - All Other Vehicles > 1973 to 1985 Carburated Vehicles

1973 to 1985 Carburated Vehicles Emissions laden vehicles, but still simple enough to work on and we still love 'em!

Old Sat, October 17th, 2009, 11:37 PM
Warranty Voider

Dixie Design is on a distinguished road
New Addition 78 F100

My wife and I have "inherited" her grandfather's 1978 F100, we're really excited. He was putting it up for sale and just couldn't let some stranger take it home! I don't know a lot about it, saw it the last time we were in Denver and went for a ride. It's in great shape and only has 31,000 miles on her. Should be here in the next week or two! Will share more when she hits the garage!
Specs: 2004 4.6L SCAB | Gryphon Programmer 87 Performance | Magnaflow True Dual Exhaust - Rear Cat Delete | S&B CAI | Summit Underdrive Pulleys | Troyer eFans (ordered) | Smittybilt Bullbar | Procomp 6" Driving Lights | UWS Toolbox | Rhino Lining | Chrome Steprails | 2.5" Leveling Kit | 265/70/R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT's
Vids: Magnaflow Startup & Revs - Interior Exhaust Sounds
Old Sun, October 18th, 2009, 08:28 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Nice!

I can't wait to see pictures.
Old Sun, October 18th, 2009, 09:51 PM
Double Whopper

sam8 is on a distinguished road

Cool.
A 78 with super low miles...I think '78 was the last year of the F-100. I had a '79 and it was an F-150..not sure though.

'97 F-350 CC LB 4x4-Orignal Owner. Arrowcraft DRW Kit, Tymar int., Banks IC, Beans D-66 Turbo, Hypermax DP, 4 inch exhaust, ATS Triple Loc converter, Mag Hytec Trans Pan,Tru-cool Trans Cooler, ORU Shackle Reverse, Ultralite Gauges, PHP F.U. 2 Flex 6 pos. chip Terminator modded 17* HPOP and Scan Gauge
Old Mon, October 19th, 2009, 04:58 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Oh man! That's cool. Get them photos up.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Mon, October 19th, 2009, 08:21 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Cool!
Can't wait for the pics!

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Mon, October 19th, 2009, 07:19 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam8 View Post
Cool.
A 78 with super low miles...I think '78 was the last year of the F-100. I had a '79 and it was an F-150..not sure though.
That would be due to emissions reasons.

How come everything is centered around the EPA for some reason????

Actually, the F100 was still available through about 1983 but it was required to meet more stringent emissions regulations than the F150. Heck, some even came with a 5 on 4.?? bolt pattern on the wheels (unlike the usual 5 on 5.5") and C4 transmissions.
Old Mon, October 19th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Double Whopper

sam8 is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=cleatus12r;16510]That would be due to emissions reasons.

I dunno, but I don't like it. Way too powerful to be populated by unelected folks, IMHO.

'97 F-350 CC LB 4x4-Orignal Owner. Arrowcraft DRW Kit, Tymar int., Banks IC, Beans D-66 Turbo, Hypermax DP, 4 inch exhaust, ATS Triple Loc converter, Mag Hytec Trans Pan,Tru-cool Trans Cooler, ORU Shackle Reverse, Ultralite Gauges, PHP F.U. 2 Flex 6 pos. chip Terminator modded 17* HPOP and Scan Gauge
Old Mon, October 19th, 2009, 10:30 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
That would be due to emissions reasons.

Actually, the F100 was still available through about 1983 but it was required to meet more stringent emissions regulations than the F150. Heck, some even came with a 5 on 4.?? bolt pattern on the wheels (unlike the usual 5 on 5.5") and C4 transmissions.
The MOCO did the wheel thing so people wouldn't get the 2 mixed up especially the service writers. It was a fool proof no brainer back then because there weren't any computers to plug a vin into.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Mon, February 15th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Double Whopper

workinprogress is on a distinguished road

I love those 70's bodystyle fords. I have a '78 f150 ranger/prospector I got a STEAL on, 81000 original miles, strait 6 300 and I love it.