Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > 6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming

6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming Power Hungry Performance 6.0L FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module) programming has been
the industry standard for in FICM modification almost 10 years.

If you have questions or would like more information about the benefits, please post here.

Old Thu, October 27th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Whopper Junior

TexasA&M is on a distinguished road
Default Just programmed my FICM with PHP tunes - now a question

Howdy everyone -

For those of you who have tuned their FICM, how much of a difference did you notice when you take off from a stop?

I just programmed mine at lunch today, and when I took it for a test drive, I am not really noticing a difference. Maybe my expectations were too high or something, but I was expecting it to be a dramatic change. I'm currently running Gearheads SRL tune on my truck, so that may be masking some of the benefits of the FICM tune since the SRL already had pretty good take off. I will be switching back to stock this weekend to pull my travel trailer, so maybe I will notice more difference then.

Anyhow, just wondering what my expectations should be. FYI, this is a 2006 F250 that previously had the ARZ2AL01 FICM strategy.

Thanks,

- Steve
Old Thu, October 27th, 2011, 04:40 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

I'm hardly an expert on diesels, but it sounds like you're "piggybacking" tunes? That won't work. Any PHP tune is built off the stock tune in your truck and won't play nice with someone else's tune. And, if you're NOT piggybacking, but are comparing the PHP tune to some other tune, I would not expect to "feel" a huge difference. But, you can be assured the PHP tune is safe for your truck and is probably getting the best out of it without putting some component under stress.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Fri, October 28th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Whopper Junior

I'm talking specifically about the FICM tune, which is 100% compatible with other ECM tunes (either PHP's or some other vendor). I was expecting specific benefits from the FICM tuning and am just wondering if my expectations were too high.
Old Sat, October 29th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Tuner novice

F-127 is on a distinguished road

Stock FICM, stock ECM/TCM is probably going to see the most notable change. Since your started with a tuned ECM/TCM, the change is probably going to be less noticable. Below is a graph showing change from your FICM file to the modified PHP one(probably not the same ECM strat).

http://www.gopowerhungry.com/images/...2AL10_0_HP.jpg

It might also be worth noting that those with the later ECM/TCM strategies may not see as much of a gain as the older ones. What ECM/TCM strat do you have?
Old Sun, November 6th, 2011, 12:09 AM
SICKS LITER RACING

SICKS-O is on a distinguished road

that graph shows ARZ2AL10 which is the most up to date FICM calibration for a late 04 model year 6.0. ARZ2AL01 is the first generation inductive heat flash for 05-07s.

@ TEXASA&M, depending on your ECM calibration it could be holding you back as well. ECM calibrations are equally as important as the FICM cal.
Old Wed, March 7th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Whopper Junior

Well, after driving for 4 months with the programmed FICM, I have to say that I am wholly disappointed with the product. I have not noticed any improvement in throttle response or mpg.

I do see now that there are some other options for the tunes and am thinking of trying one of them out. Can anyone tell me what the differences are? I have seen the graph, but I need to know what the downsides are. If there are no downsides, why would anyone choose one of the less powerful options over the Hercules?
Old Wed, March 7th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasA&M View Post
Well, after driving for 4 months with the programmed FICM, I have to say that I am wholly disappointed with the product. I have not noticed any improvement in throttle response or mpg.

I do see now that there are some other options for the tunes and am thinking of trying one of them out. Can anyone tell me what the differences are? I have seen the graph, but I need to know what the downsides are. If there are no downsides, why would anyone choose one of the less powerful options over the Hercules?
Unfortunately, it appears you're among the 2% or so whose trucks don't respond like they should to our FICM tuning. Bill says that you and he have been e-mailing each other, so hopefully, we can get something worked out.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Wed, March 7th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Whopper Junior

Bill and I have talked and I will be sending in my FICM for an updated tune shortly! Just gotta find a time when my truck can sit for a week while I wait for the mail!
Old Wed, March 7th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Whopper Junior

Corey -

One more thing - the link (below) for the shipping form that Bill sent me is not working.

https://fs21.formsite.com/Power_Hung...ure_index.html

Can you send me the right link? I want to go ahead and get everything filled out before I send in the unit (hopefully on Monday).
Old Fri, April 13th, 2012, 12:42 AM
Wig Splitter

Odawg714 is on a distinguished road

Soo Texas is your issue fixed?
Afe intake stage 2
Airdog150
Egr block off
Arp studs
Rbp exhaust 4inch
Powermax turbo
Banks high ram