Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > 6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming

6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming Power Hungry Performance 6.0L FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module) programming has been
the industry standard for in FICM modification almost 10 years.

If you have questions or would like more information about the benefits, please post here.

Old Mon, September 10th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Whopper Junior

FordTough04 is on a distinguished road
Default Need help choosing correct FICM flash and ECM Rollback

Im sure you get this same question all the time, so sorry in advance. I have a 2004 F250 6.0 automatic that at one time got decent gas mileage and out of nowhere dipped. I tried everythnig under the sun to figure out how it happened and realized my wife took the truck to the dealer without me knowing and they must have flashed my ecm. The engine is non-studded and non-tuned. On the FICM I was wondering what the best tune would be for fuel mileage? Ive read some on here say Atlas 40 and some Atlas 80; Can the Atlas 80 be applied safely to a non-studded vehicle? As far as the ECM I know for sure I want the rollback but as far as the custom tunes, would the 65 or 80 Daily Driver be sufficient or do you reccomend another? Also as far as the EGR part of it I dont have the delete as of now but plan on one in the future, by including that option in the tune would the vehicle run fine and just turn the EGR and light off or is it essential to have the delete in place before the tune is implemented. My truck is used for hauling my boat on occasion but otherwise soley around town and highway driving so fuel mileage is priority number one. I also have the Fuel pressure/EGT/Boost gauges to monitor any of the going on's. Sorry for the massive questions, but as soon as I figure out the game plan Ill be ordering the tuner for sure
Old Mon, September 10th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Spark Plug Inhibited

Jeremy is on a distinguished road

So these are my recommendations. A40 for the FICM is the best all around program. A80 is fine, but you want to add a PCM tune as well. EGT temps are easily manageable. As far as a rollback, I would rollback, add EGR delete to the programming and probably the 65 tune. This should give you a safe setup until you get studs if you ever do. This should get you started.

I hope this helps
00 F-350 7.3, 12 Speed, PHP Gryphon, PHP hydra, DAC3
95 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, Auto, Mechanics Truck
94 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, 5 speed, Flatbed
Old Thu, September 13th, 2012, 06:18 AM
Whopper Junior

So if i decide to go with a tune and the ficm calibration do you recommend the atlas 80 and the daily driver 65 or the atlas 40 and the daily driver 65? Also if I'm reading correctly you can turn off the light and the egr even without the delete kit being on? Sorry for the newbie questions..just trying to figure it all out...thanks for the help though!
Old Thu, September 13th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Spark Plug Inhibited

Jeremy is on a distinguished road

Yep A40 and DD65. Yes you can remove the egr in the programming, before the delete.
00 F-350 7.3, 12 Speed, PHP Gryphon, PHP hydra, DAC3
95 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, Auto, Mechanics Truck
94 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, 5 speed, Flatbed
Old Thu, September 13th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Whopper Junior

I appreciate all the help...I'm gonna order my setup this week...