Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > It's Great to Learn 'Cause Knowledge Is Power! > How to...

How to... This is the place where you can share how to do just about anything NOT related to vehicles! Can you repair your lawnmower? Can you install a garbage disposal? Can you make the best spaghetti sauce ever? Can you figure out Windows 7? Can you build a pine derby car? Can you assemble a bicycle? Please share your knowledge!

Old Mon, July 11th, 2022, 10:32 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
Sounds lumpy! Gonna be great in that buggy.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Mon, July 11th, 2022, 07:27 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

That's the 460 going (is in but not yet running) into my '89 F350 for a winter pickup. I'll be making the wiring harness for the Duraspark distributor to GM HEI module and E-CORE coil tonight.

The 360 thing with 340 pistons for the buggy is in the works....taking the pistons to the machine shop tomorrow so the block can get bored and the wrist pin bushings can be installed/sized.
Old Tue, July 12th, 2022, 09:31 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
That's the 460 going (is in but not yet running) into my '89 F350 for a winter pickup. I'll be making the wiring harness for the Duraspark distributor to GM HEI module and E-CORE coil tonight.

The 360 thing with 340 pistons for the buggy is in the works....taking the pistons to the machine shop tomorrow so the block can get bored and the wrist pin bushings can be installed/sized.
Oh, my bad. Got the engines confused. I guess if I'd looked hard enough, I'd have realized that was a 385 block, not an FE. I was too busy enjoying the sound.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Fri, July 22nd, 2022, 08:24 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

I got the engine installed last Wednesday but I wanted to get the exhaust built, rear axle swapped (disc brakes from the blue/white 1995 before I put the SuperDuty axles in it), and clean out the interior and put in a few new parts like pedal pads, shifter boots, etc.

The reason it's "the winter pickup" is because it's originally from Illinois so the body's already got some rot on it. I have all of these diesel pickups (with zero rust) that I don't like to or want to use when it's below zero and the roads are slathered in deicer. I decided I needed a "gasser" for that and I don't have to care about rust.

Original purchase price of $1400 with a ran-when-parked EFI 460 and a lot of non-maintenance for 190K miles. It should have about double the HP now. I'm into this thing about $2800 and by the time winter rolls around and I figure out what to do with tires/wheels, I'll be a shade over $3K if I buy some and don't use something I have laying around. I have a set of 2019 18" wheels but $500 for adapters is a bit rich for my blood....and I don't have any 18" tires in the shed.

https://rumble.com/v1d9ziz-in-and-ru...nter-now..html

Last edited by cleatus12r; Fri, July 22nd, 2022 at 08:51 PM.
Old Sun, August 14th, 2022, 12:06 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Got the call from the balancer today. Gonna head to Billings today and go get the HP360 parts.

That sounds so wrong....just like "Performance 400"