Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Upgrade your Evo

Upgrade your Evo Upgrade your Edge Evolution to a Gryphon Programmer to allow for custom tuning and additional functionality.

Due to issues with the cable failures due to incompatible versions of firmware, we do not offer upgrades
or tuning for the 1997-2003 F-Series gas or 7.3L diesel trucks. We recommend using another platform.

Old Thu, February 11th, 2010, 09:10 AM
Whopper Junior

scubajosh77 is on a distinguished road
Default Why should I upgrade my Evo?

I own a 2007 F150 FX4 Supercrew. My mods are limited to a Volant CAI, Airaid TBS, SpinTech Exhaust, 285 65/20 BFG AT/TA KO Tires on the OEM 20" rims, a 2.5” Front and 3” Rear Leveling and Block kit, and lastly the Edge Evolution. I've had my Evo for just at a month now and have noticed increased performance and no issues. I run it in program mode three custom programmed for my tire size only, and run high octane (91/92) fuel.

The truck is my everyday driver and gets mostly in and around town driving with some long weekend trips and it occasionally sees the autobahn. I'm military and currently in Germany, so I'm not towing anything, but in the states I've occasionally towed a personally owned UHAUL type 10' enclosed trailer, a boat, and a motorcycle trailer.

Why would it be beneficial to upgrade to a Gryphon with custom tunes? I’m interested in any information as to how it could benefit the truck in the long run (IE things not wearing out as quickly) or general overall performance improvement above and beyond what my Evo currently provides.

Thanks for your help!
Old Thu, February 11th, 2010, 09:47 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Canned tunes are written to use on many trucks with many different people driving them.
Custom tunes are written for you and your truck along with mods that you have done.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, February 11th, 2010, 09:58 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

To get the full benefit of the CAI (and to prevent possibly running lean, which WILL damage your truck in the long term), you need a custom tune. Is there a reason you have a TBS installed (other than to relieve your wallet of some of the cash you've earned)?

I'd ditch the TBS and get convert the Edge to a Gryphon with custom tunes.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Thu, February 11th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Whopper Junior

scubajosh77 is on a distinguished road

TBS was a freebie throw in from the shop that did my exhaust and CAI, and I happen to like the "turbo-esque" sound it makes. hehehe