Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > The Starting Point > Latest News

Latest News Stay up to date with what's going on.

Closed Thread

Old Mon, April 20th, 2009, 07:08 PM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubiGT View Post
While I like the idea of a giveaway, it doesn't acknowledge the contribution of the other 999 of us who got you there.

The live tuning/meat&greet is a great idea. With enough advance notice, it might allow more of us to plan a trip to GA? Maybe a "quasi" giveaway like free custom tunes/tuner to the 1000th, and free/discounted custom tunes to all 999 of the rest of us. I know I'd like a custom 93tow, or a custom 87econ to go with my custom 87perf that I'm waiting on.

Regardless, if I was any more pleased with my Gryphon, I'd be twins. Keep up the awesome work!!!!!!!!!!!
I was thinking the same thing, If you are going to offer something to celeberate the 1000 customer then you should also do something to reward the 999 folks that got you there... Many of us continue to be ambassadors for PHP and its products which is the kind of advertising no amount of money can buy! Maybe to a raffle or drawing of some sort. Live tune sounds like a great idea If its an open ended offer I am sure you would be in the winners area at some point... Lets just have a big ol
Projects. 1970's Hustler and Max II Amphibious ATV's
Old Mon, April 20th, 2009, 07:08 PM
American Muscle

dplummer87 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
Close to GA? You guys like to travel ? Don't you? Travel to the winners location(within reason) and rent a dyno. Maybe you will get lucky and they don't want the live tune. Who knows maybe this involves to much work and liablity.

Lars
Traveling gets expensive and like you said, liability...which is why i was thinking maybe PHP could set up some dyno time with local dyno or near local dyno and give 1 free tune after the dyno is done or something...If the guy doesnt want the dyno, maybe a free tuner, or 3 free tunes...or something along that line. Just a thought. I say that thinking PHP doesnt really need to be there, just need all the reports from the dyno correct?
Old Mon, April 20th, 2009, 07:45 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Okay here's another one do the tuner giveaway but this tuners case is chromed and has "1000th Gryphon" engraved on the front of it. Before I get crap about chromed plastic harley has a lot of accessories made out of it and so does ford. So it is possible.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Mon, April 20th, 2009, 07:58 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by dplummer87 View Post
Traveling gets expensive and like you said, liability... I say that thinking PHP doesnt really need to be there, just need all the reports from the dyno correct?
Your right on the traveling. But Bill should be there due to the excess time in having to link to pegasus and email dyno reports. This could double the dyno time.

Lars

Old Mon, April 20th, 2009, 08:23 PM
American Muscle

dplummer87 is on a distinguished road

Oh, never even been near a dyno so i dont know what all is involved in doing it or getting the reports etc...I like the chrome idea...still would rather get some dyno time and a custom tune though
Old Mon, April 20th, 2009, 10:46 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

Well put it this way. Dynos can be tricky. Its good to have someone running it or in charge of what they are looking for in terms of data.

Took my harley to a dealership and it took them 5 hours. Hmm I don't think they knew what was going on, more like hit and miss. Ran really rich(black sooted pipes) for the last 1.5 years. Sometimes that's what needs to be done though to gather intel + info.

Took it to an independent and we were done in under -2 hours. These guys(Klock Werks) work on ANYTHING. Bike runs great!
0-60 in 1.4 second. Heck had to put on a helmet and the kevlar inserts in after that first run!(Watch out V+H bagger coming to a track near you)
You know some guys have the touch and some don't. Who do you want strapping your truck down?

Lars

Old Tue, April 21st, 2009, 07:26 PM
Cowdog

Down N Dirty is on a distinguished road

How about the free giveaway for the 1000th customer (Gryphon, shirt, stickers and all the what not) and a free drawing for the other 999 people. Pick 10, or 20, or how ever many things you choose, and give out PHP stuff, or a custom tune. Heck you could mix it up and give out what ever you wanted. You could use the serial numbers as the tickets you draw from. Just an idea.

2006 F150 SuperCrew 4X4, 5.4 - Dark Stone over Arizona Beige
Gryphon / Amsoil drop in / custom "snorkel" mod / Carriage Works grill
Leveled by dropping the rear 2" / 18" Lincoln Navigator wheels, Michelin AT's

Retro Solutions H.I.D head lights, and fog lights. CGS Motor Sports exhaust
http://thecowdog.com
Old Wed, April 22nd, 2009, 10:51 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

I really like that idea, D&D. Since most people have already requested their tunes, I'm not sure about the free tune, but I love the idea of picking, say, 20 random invoice numbers (Bill can write me a quick application) and giving away free PHP stuff. We just got new hats in, and we're expecting new shirts any time now.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Wed, April 22nd, 2009, 12:00 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

jimmyv13 is on a distinguished road

The chromed case and recognition of the 1000th customer would be cool...a raffle for the rest of us would be better.

Old Wed, April 22nd, 2009, 01:38 PM
Redbull Junkie

TA2Dsailor is on a distinguished road

I like the free whopper idea.