Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Fri, September 24th, 2010, 11:00 PM
Double Whopper

ssredrino is on a distinguished road
Shout it Out my story and my questions

i have an early build 04 6.0

i loved the way it ran new 200 miles off the lot i got a edge juice platinum with attitude it ran even better QUESTION CAN THIS EDGE BE UPDATED TO THE GRYPHON?

next i installed 4 inch exhaust and magna-flow muffler from the turbo back, lower egts pulling a 36 foot gooseneck

next after talking with my diesel speed shop i got a predator U7165 programmed the pcm with tow haul and then installed the edge all i can say is dam it ran and pulled no tranny probs shifted nice defueling at 50% and firmer shifts change with power. 65000 miles on it

23mpg 16-18 mph towing

oh **** did it run with power to burn

removed all and went to dealer yes re flashed scheduled maintenance

installed every thing again next trip same setting popped head gasket got it repaired and re flashed and new turbo

never ran the same since 20000 miles later egr cooler popped again all programming out and tow to dealer

once again fixed and re flashed by ford

now it runs but you know loud, long starting, injector buzzz ignition off and ignition on, no power no mater what i do, and 13mpg tops

my pcm hex is vxbc9n2.60
my spare pcm hex from ebay is hex vxbc9n8

part numbers are a match on my pcms

i would like my spare pcm rolled back to original enhanced

and my ficm original enhanced

i would like the slight heat strategy for cold weather starting , my towing program back , my quite idle back more power and my mileage back.

i will be doing an egr delete when the truck is down with a b&d egr delete kit and i have a GDS Fuel Pressure Spring installed, new 125 amp alternator and 2 new battery's

and by the way guys cd2 engine oil detergent works on injector sticktation

can my predator be used to load custom tunes?
can all this get accomplished?

thanks and i am looking forward to the answers.

ssredrino