Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Fri, October 16th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Whopper

99350 is on a distinguished road
Default Help with injector choice?

Ok so its kinda simple the plans for the truck are as follows:

GT38r
inercooler & pipes
making my own intakes (like the ones beans sells; making them now)
stealth Stage 1 oil
exhaust (done)
intake (done)
headstuds
for now

What injectors would you guys reccomend or prefer or am I going overkill with bigger oil and injectors?
Single shots?
Modded Split?

And a reason or explanation for your suggestion please

What are the differences b/t the AB's, AC's etc.

I didn't ask this on the other forums cause it would turn into a pissing contest.
Old Fri, October 16th, 2009, 08:55 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99350 View Post
Ok so its kinda simple the plans for the truck are as follows:

GT38r
inercooler & pipes
making my own intakes (like the ones beans sells; making them now)
stealth Stage 1 oil
exhaust (done)
intake (done)
headstuds
for now

What injectors would you guys reccomend or prefer or am I going overkill with bigger oil and injectors?
Single shots?
Modded Split?

And a reason or explanation for your suggestion please

What are the differences b/t the AB's, AC's etc.

I didn't ask this on the other forums cause it would turn into a pissing contest.

I would recommend the Adrenaline pump from Bob Riley at Dieselsite not from my own experience but because most folks who have it.....like it a lot and it's not going to break the bank.

Injectors? I'd probably stick with 238/80% hybrids because they will rock out with the Garrett BB turbo and they will be easy to tame for towing or crank up for balls-out power. I know that 450 HP is possible with just those injectors and a turbo alone which is more than enough to get you in trouble and cause you some transmission problems.

AA code injectors are 95-97 49-state 90-ish CC singles.
AB codes are E99 or 97 California splits that rate around 120 CC.
AC codes are DT466 high torque International singles that are in the area of 160 CC.
AD codes are 99.5-2003 split shots that are said to be about 140 CC.
Old Sat, October 17th, 2009, 12:44 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

You may also find this useful....

7.3L PSD Injector Selelction

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Mon, October 19th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Love Games?

theSLEEPER is on a distinguished road

What year is the truck? PMR's or Forged rods?

And Cody, is the Adrenaline a better choice than the Stealth Stg. 1?
Old Wed, October 21st, 2009, 06:13 PM
Whopper

Its a late 99.

Stock rods and pistons I am not going all out with internals until the motor gets worn out.

By reading the adrenaline info it seems to be about the same as the stealth just with a stock housing and be able to support about what the Stealth stg 1 just not upgradable later but I am not ever going any further than what that will handle.

Oh as far as the trans goes Cody I will be rebuilding it shortly.
Old Wed, October 21st, 2009, 08:33 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by theSLEEPER View Post

And Cody, is the Adrenaline a better choice than the Stealth Stg. 1?
I honestly don't know. I've never run either. However, for mild upgrades and stock injectors, you really can't go wrong with something that works for less than $600. You were worried about a P1211 with ADs.....the Adrenaline will take care of that.
Old Tue, October 27th, 2009, 12:48 AM
Whopper

easy money is on a distinguished road

i just bought a set of 238cc hybrids 30% nozzles....just got them today.

I heard and read good and bad stuff about them....but that's just like everything else in the world.

P.S it's your money.
Old Tue, October 27th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Hit n Miss

Peroni is on a distinguished road

If you go with hybrids the Adrenaline pump would be an excellent choice as the hybrid injectors are not oil hogs and move more fuel w/ less oil. Even with 160cc single shots this pump would be a good choice from the reviews I have read.

I have a stage I Stealth pump. I was very happy the way it performed with my single shot 160cc injectors. The boys over at Swamps say I will be very happy with the way it works with my new 175/30% injectors they're sending.

Stealth + single shots or Adrenaline + hybrids = about same $$$$ so it's your call.
the 1997 F-350 XLT 7.3L PSD 4x4 CC LB BTS E40D Manual Hubs 4.10 36000 miles when purchased 4/1/06. Mods - ISSPRO Performax gauges, Tymar intake, Tymar 3x4 DP to 4" ss exhaust, electric fuel, CCV mod, tru-cool 4739, Swamps 175/30% injectors, stage I Stealth pump, D66 turbo Spearco 6.0 cac, BDP live tuned tuned 442hp/860tq.
Old Wed, October 28th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Love Games?

theSLEEPER is on a distinguished road

Actually, with 160cc "stage 1's or 2's" an adrenaline would probably be a better upgrade than on a set of hybrids.

There's quite a few that run 238 hybrids with no oil mods at all and do fine.
Old Wed, October 28th, 2009, 07:13 PM
Whopper

Looking at everyones rides and reading their posts on both the nation and .org I have not seen anyone running the hybrids without some sort of oil. Or anyother injector upgrade it would be stupid not to just do to the fact youu get a better oil system that will work the injectors the way they are supposed to be used.