Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Sat, June 6th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Whopper

Jason M is on a distinguished road
Default Am I the only person willing tro express dissapointment?

After talking with Corey and placing my order, I understood that "catching up"was happening and it was "a great time to be ordering". 6 weeks or so for tunes. It's been 5 weeks and I see that I am like 147 away.,with no change in the last week. I understand that things haven't been going great, but at zero per 5 days I estimate my tunes will be ready... never! Am I alone in feeling this way? Nothing personal,but my 500 bucks is already paid. Disappointed -jason-
Old Sun, June 7th, 2009, 02:02 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
After talking with Corey and placing my order, I understood that "catching up"was happening and it was "a great time to be ordering". 6 weeks or so for tunes. It's been 5 weeks and I see that I am like 147 away.,with no change in the last week. I understand that things haven't been going great, but at zero per 5 days I estimate my tunes will be ready... never! Am I alone in feeling this way? Nothing personal,but my 500 bucks is already paid. Disappointed -jason-
No, you are not the first to express the disappointment of having to wait for your tunes.
But realizing it's a 2 person company. One of them has had health issues.

Some of us waited way over double your 6 weeks. Please show some compassion because I think they are doing a great job.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Sun, June 7th, 2009, 03:10 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Jason,

Just so we are transparent, I removed your message in my Visitor Messages and copied here along with my PM'd response to you.

Quote:
I understand that things have not been easy at home or work. Please give me an idea when my tunes might be ready. I wouldn't have purchased, knowing it would be months( 3 or more) I know you do great work, and I look forward to having it. IF IT IS GOING TO BE MANY MONTHS don't let Corey say to folks 4-6weeks. Ireally do appreciate what you do If it is going to be the middle of the summer before my tunes are ready, you should let me know. -jason-
First, let me say that I can understand your concern. Given the tremendous number of delayed calibrations resulting from the unexpected amount of orders we received in February and March, I can appreciate the disappointment of many of our customers that purchased programmers during that time period and have had their calibrations extensively delayed. We have made every effort to be as accurate as possible in our estimation of calibration lead times and as soon as we realized there was going to be a backlog of orders, we had made adjustments from 4 weeks to 6, 8 and even 10 weeks, with most folks understanding the reasons for the delay and being quite happy to wait.

With that said, I feel that it is quite unwarranted to come at me in the fashion you did about not informing you of a *potential* delays with your calibrations when it has only been 30 days since we received your HEX code (PM'd on 05/06) and put your order in queue. Correction... 31 days. When Corey told you 4-6 weeks, we felt that was entirely accurate at the time you ordered. To basically insinuate that you were intentionally misled is a bit unfair.

As you are probably aware, Corey has had some urgent medical problems the last two weeks (actually over the last month) and these things you simply can't plan for. We have tried to keep everyone informed of the status their calibrations, even to the point where we have made revisions in the Pegasus software so that people can stay on top of where they are in the grand scheme of things. On top of that, I have been putting extra hours in just to try to make sure that we are catching up on the early calibrations and still maintain our current estimated deadlines. Even given the unexpected medical problems we have experienced the last two weeks, I still feel the projected lead times we have quoted are within reasonable range of the original estimates... give or take a few days.

I also want to add that simply because there is a gap of 147 invoice numbers between the current working invoice and your invoice, this in no way means that you are 147 away from completion. The reality is that you are actually 32 back from the current working invoice.

I certainly don't begrudge you the right to post whatever you want (as long as it is respectful) but instead of posting you could have just as easily sent us a PM or an e-mail asking just how far back you were and we could have quickly addressed this and let you know how much longer you were looking at. I don't argue that there are people who have waited 12 weeks that have really had a legitimate gripe (and have expressed so, both publicly and privately), but at this time you are only at 4 weeks and a couple days.

So again here's the deal... I expect to complete your calibrations in the next 15 days. If you are not satisfied with the current estimate, then simply fill in an RMA form, contact Corey on Monday for an RMA number, and send the programmer back for a refund. I don't think I can be any more fair than that.

I wish you the best and hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Take care and God bless.

Bill

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Sun, June 7th, 2009, 07:10 AM
Whopper

Jason M is on a distinguished road
Default Apologies

I apologize, if I insinuated that I was intentionally misled. I do understand about unexpected delays and health issues. I hope that Corey is feeling better, and that her complete recovery is smooth ( I have been there ). I did not realize that there were gaps of over 100 invoices in the queue. I am truly sorry for being impatient and not understanding the invoice/ queue system. I can only offer my sincerest apologies. -jason-
Old Sun, June 7th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Your Mom's favorite :D

Grabber523 is on a distinguished road

Jason...trust me, dude...it is sooooo worth the wait. So much so that after the custom tunes were loaded my wife sent me a text message (driving on the 89 performance tune for the first time): "Goddamn! that programmer really made a difference!"

me-"mileage or performance?"

w-"Both! this is the first time I drove it and it feels like a different truck! It's a Hot Rod!"

w again-"I'm blasting through traffic like I'm in the Stang!"

me-"LOL!! Told you it was worth it!"

She's hard to convince sometimes when it comes to performance parts, but she said the Gryphon is the best thing we've done to that truck. And I agree. I was one that waited for about 3 months for the custom tunes, and I'd do it all again if I had to. Now if Bill made one for an 07 Mustang GT with A Kenne Bell blower on it, I'd be in business!
Old Wed, July 15th, 2009, 01:23 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Have you downloaded pegasus and filled out all the info?
If you have you can see where you are at in line. Goto www.powerhungryperformance.com to get the pegasus download and drivers. Just click on downloads.
Is your calibration/hex code correct?
Usually HEX codes are 7 digits not 6.
Just some observations on my part to try to help you.

Lars

Old Wed, July 15th, 2009, 03:22 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Good catch, Lars. I'm certain the HEX code should be 7 characters, Jason. If Bill doesn't have a correct HEX code for you, he cannot write your tunes.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Wed, July 15th, 2009, 07:49 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

Now after seeing 3 customers go through waiting a lot longer than what they should have. I posted this over in "gryphon programmers"

http://dygytalworld.ehost-services13...ead.php?t=1389

Now before we start pointing fingers and playing the blame game. Us moderators cannot check everyones user profiles. We usually do check them if there is a problem like yours. Then we report it. Its not your fault or php's fault. Its just something that happens. They are busy people and Corey is still somewhat recovering from her surgery. They are the nicest people in the business and sometimes they have to many "fires" to put out. Us moderators try to help them out best we can with everything that we have available.

BTW thanks for fixing your hex code!

Lars

Last edited by 88Racing; Wed, July 15th, 2009 at 08:09 PM.
Old Wed, July 15th, 2009, 08:09 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Good post, Lars.

Jason, Bill and Corey simply don't have the time to track down every one that submits inaccurate information. They've found, after repeated attempts to do so, and no response, that it's more time effective to let the person with the problem contact them.

Once you DO give them corrected information, and they acknowledge they have it, you will be inserted into the correct position in the tuning queue, which should put you very near (or at) the front.

If you are not satisfied with this, I know Bill and Corey will offer to give you a complete refund - no questions asked! I've seen them do it several times before. They DO NOT want you to be dissatisfied, in ANY way!

PHP is a very human business. As such, there's going to be a certain give and take - but the result is Win - Win for both parties.

- Jack
Old Wed, July 15th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Mr Clean

Lariat4x485 is on a distinguished road

Hey Jack or Lars, I have entered my HEX code in the User CP, but not the serial number of my evo because i have already send it when i join the forum. Is that going to be a problem.
Thanks for your help..

Javi